Chapter 1:

5 months later...

My eyes immediately bared as I heard the loud aggravating sound of the alarm. My heart jumped a little bit knowing what day it is.

"It's the reunion!" I squealed and excitedly hopped out of the bed. I sprinted to my best friend's room and yelled "Cherry, it's reunion and you promised to help me! Wake up!" I banged loudly on her door because she's a heavy sleeper. She can't be woken up by a simple knock. It just had to be aggressive.

"What the hell, Egan?" She yanks the door open and her eyes are almost completely shut. "Go take a bath then wake me up again when you're ready" she instructed.

"And what-you're not helping me out now?"

"Egan, you're like twenty years old or more, I'm pretty damn sure you can take a bath by yourself and without a rubber duck-"

"That's not what I meant!" I butted in her mid-sentence. "Like prepare the stuff or something?"

"I literally use my makeups and shit every single day it's just there and it's not going to get lost. Get moving!" She commanded.

"Wow...bossy" I muttered under my breath.

Cherry Lewinsky. She asked me if she could spend the rest of the week in my apartment since she's also attending the reunion. Apparently, the majority of everybody from my high school moved out in here so when they found out, they set up that student-made social gathering and I was surprisingly invited. I was never a popular kid and I'm flattered they remembered me.

I got in the shower and began contemplating stuff, especially my outfit and my makeup. I wanted to look really different-good different. I want him to notice me. Him.

The water roughly fell on my head and I pulled myself off the shower and reached for the conditioner.

"Egan, we're going to be late!" Cherry yelled. She's probably outside the bathroom. How long have I been here?

"It's been fifteen minutes you should be drying yourself now but no, I can still hear the shower open" she complains and I rolled my eyes. "What have you been overthinking? Him? Him again?"

I smiled like it's no big deal. "Him always."

"God, Egan. Hurry up! If you want to be pretty you should be spending ten hours on makeup and hair, not on the shower!" Well she has a point.

After I rinse, I shut the water off and grabbed for my towel and began drying myself. I lost track of the time. I thought to myself.

I put on the robe and gathered my hair to my face, covering it and then I put it on a turban.

When I twisted the knob and swayed the door open, Cherry was there, impatiently waiting.

"Your fantasies" she enters the bathroom, arms crossed and the towel hung on her left shoulder and she's glaring at me.

"I'm sorry!" I apologized but I find the tone not apologetic enough for her to believe. She didn't reply

I got dressed and dried my hair after. I'm wearing an all black sweetheart top with one big ruffle on the hip part, then a fitted part of what looked like a pencil skirt but it comes with the dress-A peplum dress. It's a goddamn peplum dress.

I pulled the tube up and made sure my breasts aren't really hanging out, and I looked decent.

I wore black platform heels and figured that I've to get used to walking with these tall ass heels. I just wore these kind of shoes twice-prom that never happened (bad memory) and the student-planned graduation ball. I didn't have that much trouble walking because I've a car, but my engine broke down yesterday and I'm not quite sure what to do now. Maybe I'll ride a taxi, then.