Chapter 16:

"How much longer do we have to hide this, Hunter? Huh? Tell me?" My voice was slowly raising. We were fighting once again over this.

"Just when I thought you actually had let it slide, Egan. I spoke too soon."

"You think from time to time I'm not going to speak about this ever again? It's hard keeping this relationship in secrecy, especially when you have those fake people around you who pretends to support you but most likely to invade your privacy. That's how your life works, Hunter. Don't you get it?"

"We're keeping this as a secret, Egan. No matter how you try to convince me."

"Oh I will convince you, Hunter." I nodded.

"I'd like to see you try." He was standing extremely close to me, challenging me. I pushed him off me because I was extremely pissed. He backed away.

"Hunter, how many people would you like to disappoint? Me, I don't want to disappoint anyone, and even if we decide to just pursue in this hiding crap, I'll be disappointing only a few people in my life but I know they'll still stay. I can't control them but I know they will-only because they love me and they were always there through ups and downs. And you, on the other hand, will definitely disappoint people you don't even know exist."

"Like I care. It's their choice if they will leave or not."

"That's all you can say, Hunter? How weak are you?"

"I'm not weak."

"If you're strong enough, you would have the guts to reveal all these in front of people. They're ready to know. You'll be fine. I'd rather have my best friend know from my lips than from the live ruining media all over your business. You'd rather have your fans and the whole industry and even your friends to know from your lips than from the media. They're the people you entrust your life to, right? You entrust your deepest darkest secret to. You'll be doing both of us a favor, Hunter. I promise you."

"What if I don't want to?"

"That's your problem. I'm not dealing with this anymore, Hunter. I'm telling my best friend. She's going to be a part of this secret too."

"Don't you dare."

"Oh...I wi-" his hand moved up from his side to make a rough contact with my face in seconds and tears were already streaming down my face. I couldn't believe he would actually do that.

I opened my mouth to say something, but I was too stunned to say anything. I just ran away.

"Running away won't make me change my mind, Egan."

"Well fuck that!" I shouted as I get out of his apartment. I can't believe he didn't even bother apologizing to me for what he did.

Hunter's POV:

I broke down and punched the wall repeatedly that night. I didn't intend to slap her. I just had enough of this fight and I never had any intentions to hurt her.

"Screw this! Screw this! Screw it! Screw everything!" I vented while punching the wall until my knuckles got red to having shallow wounds. I regretted everything I said and maybe she's right. But the majority of me wants to think this through. The only thing I'm crying over currently is how I actually managed to hurt her. I was shaking so bad. I was so mad at myself for doing so.

"You dumb-" I called out on myself but I didn't get to continue it. I didn't like swearing at all.

I took another blow on the wall before collapsing on the floor, catching my breath. Tears and sweat running down. "You dumb fuck." I finally spitted out. I couldn't help it anymore.

I slapped myself harder than I did to her. I slapped myself repeatedly punishing myself for being an idiot and doing such thing. I deserve this. I deserve her walking away from me and refused to settle it with me for the rest of the night.

I tried everything. Calling, texting, knocking on her door and everything that will make me get in touch with her. But she just kept slamming the door on me. My heart was beating rapidly. I really wanted to settle it with her.

But the thing is, we don't know what to do with each other. She wants me to reveal everything out of the blue and I wanted her to keep everything as a secret. Although she has a point, I don't want this relationship to be public. For some unexplainable reasons.

Egan's POV:

We spend too many days trying to talk through this mess. I still hadn't convinced him and no matter how hard I try, he'll always come up with a clever come back that makes me speechless every time. But what we're doing is wrong. And the fact that I kept losing is so wrong. His pride is stronger and I really hate it.

We didn't talk for a couple of days, not even texts or calls. We literally didn't know what's up with each other and we never get any news. I shunned him for so many days to the point that he couldn't stand it anymore.

He knocked on my door gently and I answered it this time even though I looked through the peep hole knowing it was him in there. I stared at him blankly waiting for an explanation.

"I can't stand this anymore" he simply said. I tried to shut the door on his face but his moves were rapid to use himself in order to block the door. But he looked sleepless and physically weak. "Egan please listen to me."

"Okay, what do you want to happen?"

"I just...I feel like it's a pretty dangerous time to reveal this relationship out there, y'know? It's so dangerous."

"Fine." I agreed with him. "Fine. It'll remain as a secret."

"Oh good." He smiled. "I thought you already told your friend that-"

"I told one and only one."

"What?!"

"I did. I had to release everything, Hunter. Who would be someone I could lean on when I can't tell anyone I'm dating you? On our fights? On our ups and downs? Cherry can be trusted, Hunter. I promise you. She promised me she'll never tell."

"Egan-"

"Hunter, I already did it, okay? It's already done and all you can do is just get over it. I had to tell someone about this. Someone I can trust."

"You swear she'll never tell?"

"I swear."