Chapter 14:

Two days after I went home from Japan, a massive argument just had to fully welcome me back in here.

"The guilt is eating me alive, don't you understand?" She was already yelling, and it's like I felt the blood rush through my veins and anger's just rising up on my body.

"You're the one who thought of this secret thing, Egan. Why are you blaming me for this?"

"You agreed with it so I decided to just get on with it-"

"Don't even start with a really stupid comeback, Egan. You're not blaming me for this." I cut her off before she could even continue with a stupid thought. I already knew where she was going.

"I'm just done, okay. I can't keep doing this. My best friends ought to know and yours too. We need to make this public, Hunter."

I wanted to argue back but she kept cutting me off so I decided to not speak for the rest of the fight. I let her try to prove her point but I'm not actually listening, because I've had enough with all this crap. Her words go on one ear and goes out on the other. I hated it.

After she's done, she turned her back and walked out. Of course I had to speak out.

"So you're just going to yell at me and casually walk out like it's my fault? Very mature." I followed her but it was too late.

She gave me one last scowl before slamming the door and I kept screaming her name. "Egan!"

I didn't know what to do so I punched and banged my fist on the door harder than I've imagined. "Egan..."

Egan's POV:

I ran to the apartment with tears in my eyes and can hear his door banging, but I resent turning and going back there because it would definitely be the root for another fight and I detest it like how I detest fighting with him now.

I haven't thought of this through and I'm betting that I might've said something that I didn't mean but it slipped out of my mouth in anger. I never intend for that to happen and I don't aim to upset him, but it led to this for some reasons and I still don't get it.

I slept with a heavy heart. I wanted to fix it but it's already late and I was so exhausted. It was a long day and then I had to face with a hassle situation with Hunter. It's like instead of spending time with him in order to make me feel better, he ended up making me feel worse.

I cried myself to sleep. I never wished for this and I wanted it to be over real soon.

God, please.

...

I woke up at three in the morning with an alarming pain on my chest, but I knew it was from that heavy night. There are tons of text messages unread from my phone and it's all from him. It brought tears on my eyes.

2:04am

Egan please. I can't sleep and I can't take this anymore.

2:12am

wake up, please. We can work this thing out.

2:19am

Egan please. I love you. Please.

2:26am

I love you. Let's work this out, please.

2:34am

Egan, let's talk about this.

2:43am

Are you awake?

2:57am

I love youuuuuuuuuuuuuu :)

That was his last text message and I looked at the clock. It reads 3:05am and I was wishing he was still awake.

So I called him up and he picked up. I told him to come over so he did.

A knock on the door was heard what felt like five seconds right after the phone call. Was he waiting outside for me? Is this serious?

I opened it revealing him, he came in.

"Were you out there waiting?"

"I might."

"That's creepy."

"It's not when no one's around."

"It's still creepy." I walked out and he chased me and hugged me from behind.

"You know we're not done yet, right?"

He kissed my neck and he looped his arms on my waist. "Please, baby."

"Hunter, we still have a lot to talk about."

I tried walking away but he was still all over me. All I could do is just stand there letting out a heavy breath.

"If we still have a lot to talk about then I want to talk about it now, Egan. I want to fix this."

"Okay..." I said as if I was neglecting what he said. "You have to wake me up at three am just so we could work out a fight."

"I can't stand silence, Egan. I can't stand it. Especially when I'm fighting with you. Why? Silence makes everything worse, alright? Instead of talking about it you would just leave it there like it would die down but it won't. It would be the result of the end of the relationship-and that won't work for me, Egan. This is our first fight, it's a shallow reason for a break up. God!"

While he was talking, I had a massive flashback on my mind back in Junior year.

It was almost at the end of the school year, it was after the worse prom ever. My date-who was my boyfriend-blamed me for making everything worse and didn't talk to me for like months, until my best friends told me that he already gave up. I didn't work things out with him just because I'm scared I'll be humiliated in front of everybody, just like what he put me through when he was with his friends and I wanted to talk to him but he acted like I wasn't there at all. It was the worse experience of my life. And that experience and the thought Hunter shared made me eager to talk to him more than I was three minutes ago.

We finished talking about this nearly five am and it was all worth it. So we all snuggled up cuddling on the bed like nothing happened, watching movies. I felt a lot safer and the weight on my chest was gone for good. Sure there was a little bit of yelling, but it was paid off because we get to work this out.

Weeks passed by and we didn't have a day in the week where we won't fight about this whole secret thing and he always ends up being right and I hated it so much. We always end up going back to still keeping it as a secret. There are no changes and I'm still the head of the fight, that's why I decided to just stop talking about it and let it go. The decision had been made and we'll still be keeping the secret from the rest of the world.

Which causes me headaches because the guilt is taking over my brain when I'm overthinking this through. I did everything just to get my mind off all of that crap and it fortunately worked, but whenever my mind is empty and free it makes its way to enter my mind, and I had to stop it once again.

Note:

Hey guys, I'm just going to tell you early now that there's going to be a sequel for this. I'm gonna be updating about the progress and such and I really hope you guys would look forward to it. I promise you guys it would be better than this one haha :)

I love you aaalll stay fab

~Isha💕