Chapter 16:

Never mind. Here's an update ha😂

------

-------

"I'm really sorry Hunter. I just didn't want you to explode about this."

"Oh but I want to. He's crossing the line and invading your privacy."

"I know but...you know you don't have to make such a big deal out of this."

"It is a big deal, Egan! I don't usually overreact but this one is getting out of control and it's ridiculous." He has a point. This issue is really getting out of hand and it's already disturbing.

"I really have the urge to call the cops on him, but I don't have enough solid proof to show that he's really stalking me."

"Oh but you know you could definitely tell the police he tried to rape you."

"Good idea." I snapped my fingers. "No, but we don't have enough proof that he tried to rape me too." Then I moaned. "Shit."

"Oh good Lord, you've a point there too."

"I'm just sick and tired of him trying to find out what I'm up to. It's freaky and I wouldn't wait for this situation to get worse just so I could report him to the authority."

We silenced afterwards, trying to think about what could be the solution for this problem I am facing. I desperately want Reece out of my life for good but I can't do that if no one's stopping him. I don't think Hunter could do much on trying to prevent him from trying to crawl back to my hair because of publicity reasons; but if he does care so much he wouldn't give two shits of what the others might think just as long as he's doing his best on trying to protect me.

Oh wait, why would he care so much about me anyways, I'm pretty damn sure that this is just on the start and he'll eventually would get tired of 'protecting' me and will leave without saying a word. But half of me also thinks that he's not really that kind of a person. First meeting he's down to earth, he's kind, he's generous, he's outgoing and sweet. I don't think he's that type of person who will leave you alone in a shelter that's getting attacked by a strong hurricane. He'd be there to stay with you. But whatever, don't judge the book by its first chapter is the new golden rule too. The first chapter of the book is usually always the sunny ones. Like that one John Green novel that had cancer patients as the main characters, it started joyful but the ending made me feel like wanting to scream at the top of my lungs. It felt like it had affected me in a really bad way and that book had me all emotional, which is something I didn't expect since I thought I was too immune on Nicholas Sparks novel. That book was way too different.

"Egan?" He called out, I turned to face him.

"What's up?" I asked, losing focus on the topic we were just talking about. "Anything wrong?"

"Egan, we were just talking about this absolutely weird and creepy situation you're dealing with, with your not really ex boyfriend."

"What the hell are you talking about? We never dated!" That was kind of wrong. Now I sounded sluttish and desperate for an asshole, but I never even knew that Reece was a little shit that time and I was too blinded, so that's obviously and definitely would be what I'd do-which is wrong. Golden rule number two: Don't trust romantic little shits.

"Egan, focus!" He said, shaking off whatever I just told him. Oh thank God. "This is a serious situation that requires careful observation whatsoever, I would definitely help you investigate but sometimes I have to leave to go back on the road. You can't creep on somebody who's already creeping on you," he continued.

"Crazy." I smirked but got back to being serious after what seemed just like a millisecond. "But I think I got someone to be on the look out. My college best friend."

"You sure she would agree to that?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Well, I hope she would." I bit my lower lip, unsure of who I'm putting on the spot for that look out 'job' he told me about. I'm sure my college best friend Govanne is also busy on something, but I really hope she would agree to do this.

"When will you ask her about this?"

"Tomorrow, at the campus."

...

"Are you busy?" I asked Govanne while eating lunch with her at this burger restaurant near the campus.

"I am but I'm willing to do it" she shrugged and her tone sounded like she doesn't really have a problem with it, but I couldn't assure. Maybe she just felt compelled on doing it, but I better hope not.

"Are you sure?"

"Well with your description, this Reece guy is an asshole and undeserving of anything good so I would totally welcomely watch out for your dear stalker. I'd be extremely psyched to see him and kick his ass and he'd be kissing mine."

Wait what? "Wow...do you even have an idea of what the hell he even looks like?"

"I bet he looks like crap."

"So you don't know what he looks like."

"Yes."

I showed her a picture of Reece from his Facebook page and she cringed.

"Jesus, you don't really need to have that kind of reaction. You have to admit his looks are made for him to be a total chick magnet."

"His attitude demagnetize those chicks, believe me. He probably have lost tons of keepers because of the way he treats girls."

"True!" I agreed.

My conversation with her continued and my phone rang. It was Hunter, my heart skipped a beat.

"Who's Hunter?"

"I have to take this" I stood up and refused to reply to her question. I can't let her know. But she's my best friend, and what the hell am I trying to hide?

"Egan, have you talked to her already?" That was his greeting as soon as I picked up. I was walking towards an area where my conversation with him is inaudible to Govanne.

"Yes and I'm currently having lunch with her and my phone rang."

"Sorry about that" he giggled and my pulse sped up. That was honestly extremely adorable.

"Anyways, she said yes" I sighed in relieve and he let out a loud 'Yes' excitedly.

Our conversation continued for another two minutes talking about the situation and then we said our goodbyes and he hung up.

I went back to our table and sat with Govanne. I greeted her and she was looking at me like I did something wrong.

"What's up?"

"You haven't answered my question yet."

"What was your question?" I approached, pretending like I didn't hear her the first time before answering the call.

"Who the heck is Hunter?"