Chapter 2:

The kiss would have lead to something intimate, especially when she laid down, but I stopped. I got a little scared.

I looked at her in the eyes breaking the kiss and I realized I was on top of her.

I got up and she asked what's wrong. I just shook my head. "I'm...I'm scared" I confessed, stuttering.

"Why?" She gives me a warm embrace, cuddling.

"I don't know...I..."

"What?"

"I mean we haven't passed the honeymoon stage of this relationship, and I don't want you to feel like I'm just using you for this. I'm not doing it with you this early" I honestly stated. She nodded in understanding. "I'm sorry, Egan. I just don't want you to think you're being used for intimacy and other crap. You know I love you and I promise to stay true, that's why we won't do it this early."

"I understand" she grinned. "I love you too."

She took her cup of cocoa and drank from it and I did the same with my coffee.

When she puts down her cup, I giggled seeing her have a lining of cocoa like a mustache up her lips.

"What's so funny?"

I couldn't help anymore but break into laughter. "You have a mustache."

She wiped it off with her thumb. I thought it will spread all over her face but it's a good thing it didn't.

"Now it's gone" I jokingly frowned and she slapped my arm. "Ouch! What was that for?"

"Nothing, I just love spanking your arm for no reason" she chuckled.

"So this is the welcome that I'm getting from you?" I joked, tickling her on her side. She kept resisting, shielding her waist with her arm.

"Of course not" she climbed on top of me and I placed my hands on her hips. She planted a kiss on my forehead and I tilted my head sideways kissing her back on the neck.

"It's six am I can't believe we're being too intimate this early."

I shrugged. "Well...oops."

"I'm sorry my mouth tasted like cocoa."

"Cocoa and coffee made a great combination then."

"Cocoa, coffee and morning breath. I didn't think you could stand that. I'm sorry" she chortled, getting up and sitting back properly in the couch, grabbing the cup and drinking from it. "Anyways..."

"Anyways?"

"I really thought you'd forget about me by now."

"Why would you even think about that? I told you, I love you. And anyways, we're on the same apartment building, on the same floor, I walked you here when you were soaking wet from a bad experience of a party and it was raining heavily. How could I forget?"

"It's amazing we actually made a hell lot of memories out of this whole place. It's ridiculous" she looked around her own place as if she was unfamiliar with it. Perhaps stunned by the whole thing that appeared to befall swiftly. I must admit that just pondering about it would bring me to that realization too.

"I've noticed" I agreed. "It's insane."

We were both looking up the ceiling like we were seeing a peek of heaven from up there. I feel like it's natural when you unexpectedly lift your chin and just look up while reminiscing important memories that doesn't deserve to be forgotten. I mean, for me.

...

"It's pretty embarrassing that you have to see me like this."

"What are you talking about?"