Chapter 11:

The week passed like traveling at the speed of sound. It went by extremely fast, I'm actually speechless.

And I have to leave Egan for the whole week for Japan, and it's sad I couldn't take her. Half of me is thinking I couldn't bring her with me since the relationship would be revealed to everybody and that's something she would totally find unpleasant to happen, but either way, even if our relationship is public, I don't think I can still take her since it's all work there. It's like taking her to an important business trip and I wouldn't be able to focus on her more since there would be a hell lot of interviews and appearances and everything and she will definitely react to that-typically.

I rode in the plane and she was the only running on my mind beside songs and music in particular. I didn't want to think about what I'm assigned to do in Japan since it was already made clear and I'm all set for this.

All of the sudden, I felt a tap on my shoulder and I turned to see who it is. It was Matt with a worried look. I was looking out the window and the fascinating view from down there, I had no idea what kind of face I was making.

"Hey man, are you okay?"

"Yes..." I nodded. "Yes...why?"

"Nothing, it's just...you're staring out there looking so worried and everything and we thought you might have something in your head that you want to release? You're almost not blinking!"

"I'm fine, thanks" I smiled at him and the whole band to make sure I'm okay-I really am I'm just pondering stuff on my mind-stuff about Egan and how I want to be with her right now but can't and all those things. But I'm not at the point where I need to release everything.

Sam glanced at me and his face suddenly lighten up as if he remembered something.

"Do you remember that song you asked me to help you write? Where is it?"

"It's in the pocket of my backpack. We can't work on that now? The turbulence is a little strong!"

"I know but...I'm just curious, who is it about again?"

"No one...I'm telling you it's just a really unique idea and I think it's a brilliant song to go on the record."

"Where are you finding inspiration for this?"

"I don't know but it randomly popped in my head and I wrote the first stanza of the first verse."

"You do realize you'll make your fans think and question about your love life, right?"

"They can think about whatever they want to think and even theorize on my love life all they want, but I know that this is just a song made for fun, you know? It sounds fun and colorful to write."

"Hunter," he turned a little to face me. "This song sounds a lot more different than the other songs you picked for the record. You know that, right?"

"I do know that, and I think it would be what people wanted. I told them this record would be new, unique and completely different from the first one-"

"And you also said that this record would be a lot more personal. They would definitely think there's someone out there..."

"I don't mind. If they think that way, sure, but if they just shake it off it's not my business. It's not really that of a big deal, if you look at it."

"Well actually..." he shrugged.

...

We arrived at the hotel room and I can't help but still think about her. Sometimes I even get dumbfounded and the rest of the people I'm with are asking if I have a problem I have to open up and I keep saying no. This happened too many times now and I think I have to stop doing so, or it will surely get weird.

Egan's POV:

I scribbled "Hunter Hayes" in different handwritings on the back of my notebook, just because calculus is getting a little boring. One of my close friends in this class named Natalie Carter was probably looking at my notebook, stating her reaction to it.

"Hunter Hayes?"

I jumped and looked at her immediately. "Yes" my eyes were widened and I couldn't help but smile.

"You like him too?"

"I love him!" I said quietly-so my professor won't hear-but excitedly. When I told her that I love him I didn't really mean it in a fangirl way like everybody does. I mean it actually. I actually love him, for real.

"Me too! There was this one time I was at his concert, I had a banner up and when he read it, he did took a picture with me! It was the best night that I had. He was amazing, you know? To the point that my PCD was really strong and it was difficult to get over. I was desperate to see him again and I was craving for it. It was the worse feeling ever since he was so awesome and I felt like one night wasn't enough."

"I wonder when he'll come back to play shows here. I came the last time he did. It was a hell of a long drive but it was definitely worth it." I hugged my notebook where I scribbled his name and took a deep breath. "I will marry him someday."

"Hey! He's my boyfriend and don't try to steal him away from me."

"Ugh!" I reacted jokingly as if I was hurt. "How dare you!"

"First come, first serve. Sorry."

We giggled and the professor caught us and called our attention. I rolled my eyes.

"Ms. Carter and Ms. Miller" he banged his fist on the board three times violently. "Pay attention!"

I wanted to disobey but that rest assured that will cause me to fail this class and it would reflect on my transcript which is not part of my plans in the future and never will be.

But he was extremely boring. He's not that kind of professor that will make me hyped on attending class and learning new knowledge. But I reckon that's how college works. Boring teachers, the whole class looked bored and not motivated at all to do shit, the way of entertaining the class isn't as jolly like high school and it sucks.

But I'm here, I'm in the reality. So I guess I just have to deal with it.

...

Govanne wasn't able to attend the class because she was really sick, so I spent lunch with Natalie and I had to deal with Psychology class all by myself. It's like I lost my other half and my other wing and I couldn't fly. I detested the feeling of being alone even though I have someone to accompany me.

Actually, they're a group of people. Natalie's friends that she introduced to me two months ago. I still feel awkward around them because I'm not used to being surrounded by people. Also, I could not relate to any of their topics, because I'm not able to catch up with them anymore-I'm always with Govanne.

But they shared everything and I nod even though I couldn't understand where they were going. I laugh at their jokes and they made me feel really welcome, but everything's just not the same with them as when I'm with Govanne alone at my favorite hangout every breaks.

...

As I walk on the halls of the apartment building, I stopped in front of Hunter's door and faced it, wishing he was looking through his peephole to see if I was there, and then block my way just for me to come over. He's gone for three days now and four or less more to go. I've missed him, his presence and such, and it sucks I haven't heard from him ever since he left. All I know is that he's already arrived safely. I see updates from social networking websites that he's been doing so much appearances, interviews and shows and perhaps it's why he hasn't called me or even texted me. I have to understand him.