Chapter 10:

I fell asleep on the couch again but the repeated noise that my phone made woke me up. It was Cherry, of course.

And one text from Hunter...and from Reese. Cherry might've done something.

Before even reading the messages, I returned Cherry's call and waited for her to pick up.

"Oh my god, something epic happened!"

"Okay, what happened?" I asked, not excited.

"I yelled at him on the phone!" She squealed lively, expecting me to feel enthusiastic too.

"I love you and thank you, but I'm not surprised anymore."

"Of course you're not. You and I both know I yell at your enemies through the phone without them knowing it's me." I thought she would get offended.

"You know, it's kind of unfair that I can't do the same in return to you" I confessed.

"I do it unconditionally, don't worry about it. Your loyalty is enough and anyways, I love yelling at people on the phone. I think I might've gotten a little too used to it. I don't stutter anymore" she shares proudly.

"Can you teach me that? I need to learn to fight for myself like, what if you're sleeping and I really have to release my emotions?" I joked.

"I'll always be here. But if you really need to yell at a certain person, your enraged self would probably be ready for whatever you want to say since you will explode."

"I don't look forward to that moment. I'm not in to wars."

"Of course you're not! If you were to pick a fight with somebody, you will start laughing in the middle of the trash talks because of how clever you think you are."

"How the hell did you know?"

"Do you think if we never fought we would last this long? I know you too well, Egan. And it is also included in your embarrassing moments on my slam book that you got in a fight with a bitch named Susan Fray. You started it but you lost because she attacked you and you're weak for laughing."

"Okay, okay! Don't bring that up."

"Anyways, I'm always here okay? I love you! I've to go."

"I love you too" I giggled then she hung up.

I felt my neck with the back of my hand and my head with my palm to guess my temperature. It's pretty simple, I only had to figure out if I was literally hot or in the right body heat. I knew I was already alright and thank God I am finally okay. I didn't want it to last. I despise the feeling of being sick.

I got up to make myself something to eat. I was craving for carbonara so I prepared the ingredients. As I was making dinner, I heard a knock on the door and I think I already know who it is.

I read the clock and it says 6:53pm. I yelled "It's open!" before it swings. Of course I knew that it was Hunter who was behind the door.

"Hey, you okay now?"

"Yeah, I think I'm fine. I mean, I could make carbonara now."

"I see that" he puts down his jacket on the couch and went to the kitchen. "You have to be careful, though. You just recovered and you're doing stuff again. Your fever might come back because you're supposed to rest."

"No, I can do this. I swear."

"Yeah, I'm just telling you to be careful. You don't want your fever coming back, right?"

"Hell no."

"You should rest after this okay?"

Why does he care so much?