Chapter 12:

I walked inside my apartment with a face that looked like I've had a rough day-I actually did. My boyfriend's in Japan, my best friend is sick and I'm all alone. I had a shit day in the campus and had to deal with all the pressure I was given by my stupid professors, with a crowd that I wasn't really interested to hang out with. It's been really rough and I didn't know what I was supposed to do in order to cheer myself up so I just did the paperwork assigned and due the day after, but I decided to just do it because I literally had nothing to do and I got bored and I don't want to overthink this through. I'm bored of movies, I'm bored of writing self-motivated essays about love and other crap that has nothing to do with college.

I prepared myself coffee, because I knew it will be a long night for me. I'll just sleep it all off tomorrow since I've no classes, following my schedule.

As I was writing something about the brain changing appearances and the causes of the changes, the laptop notified me that someone was calling me from Skype. I glanced at the clock before answering the call and it was 1:48am already and I still wasn't sleepy.

"Hey baby!" I heard Hunter's voice and my spirit lifted up.

"H...Hunter...baby...hi!"

"Look, I'm really sorry I haven't called you through the day. I had a lot of appearances and I had to adjust to this timezone."

"What time is it there?"

"3:50pm, I'm wide awake. Wait, what are you doing this late night? Shouldn't you be sleeping?"

"Govanne's sick, you're not here so I'm just writing my paperwork essay shit on Psychology. I wasn't really expecting you to call me or anything. I know you're pretty busy."

"I know, but it just doesn't seem right if I don't call you at least once today. It's been three or four days and I still wasn't contacting you until now. I'm sorry. I really am. That was so wrong."

"Hunter, I understand you. You've been really busy so I don't mind. Also, you're familiarizing the whole place since it's your first time. You still have to kiss the ground there and you've a lot of appearances, interviews and even shows to do. Nevertheless, I really miss you. I'm impressed you still managed to make time and Skype me. But it's not your fault you're busy, okay? Don't apologize."

"I just feel like it's so wrong that I didn't call you or get in touch with you for three straight days until now, and as a boyfriend, that's my responsibility. I feel really bad, Egan."

"Don't be...okay? I love you!"

"I love you too" he chuckled and I felt my heart sank. That was really adorable.

"So, how's Japan?"

"Pretty good...except I don't really understand their language. Overall it's an amazing experience. I promise you, Egan, I will take you here someday."

I blushed, I might've also let out a silent "aww"s or something, but I hope he didn't really hear anything.

"What about you? Tell me how you've been."

"How I've been? I've been missing you lately. It sounds cheesy but that's with all honesty, Hunt." I chuckled, but I slightly wanted to cry too. "It's so boring and so dull without you here. My best friend isn't here either."

"If I could teleport there right now, you know I would. And I'd hug you. I wish I could right now."

"Yeah" I finally released and sobbed, but I didn't want to make it obvious. "Yeah, I love you."

"Are you crying?"

"No."

"Yes you are. Tell me."

"Hunter, I swear I'm not crying, okay? Don't worry about it." I said as I wipe my tears and coughing a little bit.

"No, Egan. Tell me what's wrong." His tone of voice was half demanding and half worried. I don't blame him.

"Egan, tell me what's wrong now."

"I miss you and it's been a really rough time in each and every of my classes, okay? I had to deal with a bunch of people I'm not close to just because I didn't want everything to shove in my face that I was alone. They were great, but I'm not really used to hanging out with so much people. I'm more comfortable with Govanne and she didn't attend because she was sick. My professors were really hard on the whole class since we're close to finals. I feel so stressed. I don't know what to do. The pressure's too hard and I'm not really sure how to cope with it. And you're not here."

"Baby..." his voice cracked as if he was tired, but it's like 4pm in there. "I'm really sorry."

"It's not your fault."

"No. I'm sorry I'm not there to make you feel better-"

"Hunter it's not your fault, okay?"

"I'm held responsible on making you feel better, and that's what I'm going to do. Okay?"

I swallowed a little bit before replying. "Okay."