Chapter 21:

Egan's POV:

I waited outside the main lobby of the apartment building, just like what he told me to. I grabbed my phone from my clutch bag to check if he had replied to my text yet and my screen just showed me my lock screen picture, not any new text messages from him.

A car honked in front of me and realized that it was already him. I gasped a little and smiled when I saw what he's wearing: he's up and down sophisticated, minus the tie or the bow. He just kept like three or four buttons off from his neck down to his chest on his white shirt inside that coat. He went out of the driver's seat and walked all the way to the hood and to me.

As my 'date' for the evening, he grabbed my hand and opened the door to the front seat of the car, like a gentleman he is.

I got in the car and some people were staring at us probably thinking that we're going to a ball. Or they recognize him, I feared.

I shut the door and he ran back from the spot where I was to the driver's seat.

"Ready?" He asked, looking at me up and down smiling.

"Yes!" I nodded and he drove off to the fancy restaurant he was talking about.

...

It did looked really fancy and expensive. That time I got really nervous but at least I got my credit card set on my clutch bag just in case. I don't want him paying over all on this dinner. I want my part too.

My left hand on his right arm, we entered the restaurant and walked to an average guy with blonde hair that looked like in his mid-thirties holding a menu or something. I'm not so sure.

"Umm...I made a reservation for two, please" he told the man.

"Name please."

"Hunter Hayes"

"Ah yes, Hunter..." he mentioned his name as if he really knows him-but I bet he definitely do know him, I mean, duh? "This way to your table" he led the way and I held on a little tight on Hunter's arm while walking to get his attention. Almost everybody was staring so I let go of his arm and held both hands to my clutch bag. No stings attached.

"What's wrong?"

"I'm scared."

"Scared of what? We're already here, we made it safe-"

"No" I slightly whispered. "The fact that the majority of people are looking at us, they obviously recognize you. I'm also frightened just thinking about a random person coming up in our table and asking for your autograph and all that crap."

"Hey, hey. What are you scared of? No strings attached, remember?"

"Right" I nodded "no strings attached. Of course."

He rubbed my back for a little bit signaling that I should sit first before him, so I did.

The guy that led us to the table handed us each the menu, I looked at the prices of the food and placed the menu down. "Hunter..."

"Found anything yet?"

"Hunter, I can't do this."

"Why not?" He frowned.

"This is too pricey!"

"Fancy restaurant, it's supposed to be expensive. It's alright, I got it."

"You're not spending five hundred bucks on these, hell no. I'm not letting you. I'm paying."

"No...this was my idea so I'm paying."

"Hunter, no-"

"Egan, no, we're not splitting the bill" he laughed at me. "You're not paying either, I am paying."