Chapter 11:

After, she cleans up and takes my empty cup with her to the sink. I glanced at my watch that says 7:27pm.

"What time will you go home?" she asked, sitting beside me.

"Why? Do you want me to leave already?" I joked.

"No, no! It's not that it's just..." She was at a lost for words and I giggled.

"Just what?"

"Nothing...nothing" she chuckled. "Won't your bandmates feel weird if they realize you aren't back in your apartment and it's like 7pm. I think they're expecting you to be holding your guitar and writing songs by now but-"

"Relax, they're somewhere right now. I just made an alibi to go here back in the apartment building. I told them I forgot something and I'm exhausted. I need some rest."

"And you probably do."

"Yeah, but you first."

Egan's POV:

Him and I both know that he doesn't have to do this and he needs to rest.

"Seriously, Hunter. You obviously got stuff to do tomorrow and I'm not letting you go restless because of me."

"I don't mind" he shrugged. "I'm honestly okay with it?"

"You'll be sick and won't be able to play shows. You don't want that to happen, right?"

He looked at me, it seemed as though he's trying not to laugh at what I just said.

He finally cracked up and said "Do you think I'd fall for that? Come on, Egan."

"I just don't want anything bad happening to you. You've to rehearse and perform tomorrow and you'd be low on energy if you don't get some rest."

"But I have coffee!" He jokingly insisted.

"Hunter" I gave a loud sigh. "You know that's not enough, right? Anyhow, you seriously need to rest. Especially your voice."

"I could handle a little sore throat."

"No you can't" I got up and grabbed his hands pulling him up the couch as he fights it effortlessly.

Finally, I gave up, but he looked at me with that puppy face thing but he seemed pretty serious at the same time.

I frowned. "Hey," I playfully pressed my fist on his arm. "I was just joking."

"Do you really want me to leave?"

"No, I mean I'm having fun hanging out with you" I swallowed. "But then I just don't want anything bad happening to you because of me. Like, you're staying here when you should be resting." I explained further.

"I was just messing with you. Of course I'll take a rest later and maybe some more coffee."

I was convinced to change the topic. I kind of despise talking about this. "So it just took me like two days to figure out that you're four hundred percent addicted to coffee, huh?"

"It took you two days?!" He laughed at me. "But that's already too long!" He took a deep breath and continued. "It's pretty obvious, you know."

"A day and a half, I meant."

"That's still long" he joked and smiled at me.

"Do you seriously expect me to do my research on you?"

"A little bit" he nodded.

"But that's really creepy, you know? Doing some odd research thing over someone you just met last night. It's like some stalker-ish move so I don't really do that, but I've read about you a lot on Country magazines and I thought you're pretty cool."