Chapter 20:

I wore the heels he gave me, a semi casual blue dress and my clutch bag, a new one this time. I picked it because it somehow matches with my shoes, which looks amazing.

I checked myself on the mirror one last time before doing a background check around my apartment-the usual-and heading to the meeting place.

I got in his car and called shotgun. He looked at me with sorry eyes. I think I already know what he would like to talk about.

"I saw you breaking down the other day."

"Hunter, I don't like fighting about this anymore. Can we pause for a while? Or for this night?"

"You mean we'll be suspending our fight for tonight and then resume fighting tomorrow? Is that what you meant?"

"Look, I just couldn't bare my own best friend being clueless about all these stuff, okay? Don't you want your friends to know about us too? Aren't you proud?"

"I'm proud but if I tell them, I'm telling you it's a really dangerous time. And we'll be talking this through the whole trip going there."

"Hunter, this topic angers you and aggravates you a lot, I'm scared."

"I'll be relaxed."

"I can't expect that."

"Then don't, but I'll be."

...

We settled down for a little bit and went on the dinner, afterwards he invited me to go to a picnic with him and watch the sunset. I thought it'll be the worse day that would turn to be the best, but worse comes to worse. Who the hell knew?

We sat on a really great spot where we could see the sun go down clearly and beautifully. He kissed me as we both watched, and we were hugging each other and cuddling.

"Are you sure about this?"

"About what?"

"Well-"

We both encountered flashing lights and random people throwing out loud questions regarding the relationship on us. He immediately ran to his car and I stood there all stunned. The paparazzi surrounding me harassing me with their cameras as I bowed my head, standing straight like I'm in a military training, made me feel like I have just been struck by lighting. It's unexpected.

It's unexpected, it's shocking, it's heart stopping.

It's going to be the cause of my life falling apart.

It's ruining everything.

"Egan, get in the car, right now!" Hunter yelled and I ran to the front seat with shame plastered on my face. My heart slowly breaking.

Hunter drove off violently. I thought he would be getting a ticket that night since he was driving extremely fast heading to the apartment. We didn't even speak in the car. And I'm half glad we didn't, since I never wanted to speak of this, although I expect to be flooded with so much questions and blank stares in the halls, even in class. It's awful. The following days, weeks or even months in my life will be the worse.

---

Note: I would like to make a formal apology...