Chapter 14:

"Wow, you're writing too fast! Slow down." Matt joked, grabbing my arm.

"No, no. I might forget it-it's clever. I can't forget it." My tone sounded like I was really high on coffee-actually, I am, but never have I acted like this before.

"How many cups of coffee did you drink today?" Devo asked. Ha! I knew one of them would definitely ask that.

"And why do you suddenly have so many thoughts about writing a song? I thought you ran out of inspiration-"

"Hey, hey, hey. Less talking more music." I interrupted Steve before he can even continue his sentence.

"He ran out of inspiration-what the hell happened?" He told everybody while pointing at me speed writing the lyrics-and also my thoughts-and all of them just stared at me surprisingly while I pour my heart and feelings out of a paper.

"Oh, I get it" Dann smirked and I looked at him with shocked eyes for a second, then back at the paper. "I think he likes someone."

"I don't, I don't! Shh!" I hissed.

"Why are you being like that? The last time you acted so bouncy and high and inspired is when you were rewriting and rewriting Wanted in front of us" Matt said, smiling. He poked my side and I slapped his hand but not that hard.

"Hunter, are you seriously okay?" Devo seemed really serious this time. He placed his hand on my right shoulder and I let go of the pen and shook my hand. "That's what you get for speed writing."

"Well I've got it!" I exclaimed and excitingly pointing at the paper with the feelings I tried to put into words.

"You got what?" Dann moved towards me and wore his glasses while taking the paper from the table. I massaged my right hand and looked at him.

"Wow, this is..." he shook his head, but not in the matter of disapproving, but because of how intense and obvious I attempted to express my feelings in there. "A little unfathomable." He continued.

"Why?" Matt takes the paper from Dann. He looked at it and immediately said "Wow" while shaking his head too. "Hunter, this is a little bit too intense."

"I know, I know."

"Who's the girl?" Sam-and pretty much everybody-probably knows what's up with me now, so I guess it's definitely the time to spit it out.

"Okay fine. I met a girl last night."

"Last night?" They all shouted in sync, totally in awe.

"You just met a girl last night and now you're already in love with her? God, Hunter." Matt said honestly.

"No, no, guys. You don't understand! I also got the chance to know her. She's beautiful!"

"Hunter, seriously. She's new in your life and you're already in love with her?"

"Maybe she makes great coffee" Sam laughed and everyone else did too, except me. And it's actually true.

"I need to find more ways to know her. I want her already."

"Hunter, you act too differently than you were the last time you fell for a girl."

"And it's really weird. You want her already?" Sam spoke up again.

"She's beautiful. She's like, the best I've ever seen. Her aura is so great and she's so nice and-"

"Who. Is. This. Girl?" Sam repeated the question.

"Her name is Egan. Egan Miller. And I promise you guys she's the nicest ever."

"When can we meet the chick? Aren't you planning to introduce them to us?" Dann gestured his hand at everyone.

"I don't know yet." I shrugged.

"Can you show us a picture, though?"

"Sure," I grabbed my phone from the table and I heard Matt gasped.

"You even saved a picture of her in your phone? Dang, boy. You are obsessed."

"Relax! We have wifi in here and I'm her friend in Facebook. I don't save pictures. I can't."

"Why?"

"I'm not obsessive, okay? Saving a picture of a random girl I'm not even dating is just creepy and wrong."

"What about writing a song?" Steve, while sitting on a big office chair, rolled around the room. Maybe he's bored or something.

"Hey, hey! Writing a song is more universally acceptable and sweet okay?"

"Whatever you say" Sam rolled his eyes and everybody in the room laughed-again, everybody except me.

Egan's POV:

I prepared myself to sleep and heard my cellphone rang. "Who is it?" I grumbled and with a heavy hand, reached for the phone in the side table.

"Hello?" I answered the phone.

"Who was at your apartment?" A familiar voice was heard at the other end of the line.

"It's just me, why?"

"No, someone was on your apartment" the guy insisted.

"Reece?!"