Chapter 23: End Of Part 1

When Govanne left, I texted Hunter immediately to come over. Though I was not sure if he was back home yet or not.

A minute later, there was a knock on my door and it swung open. Of course.

"Hey there!" He greeted and entered my apartment like it's his own. I don't mind. I actually love when people do that. Except when they start stealing things or eat my food.

"Hey Hunt! I thought you're still in the studio?"

"And you're telling me to come over?"

"What? Did you really drove off in the speed of light from the studio up to here for a whole minute after you received my text?" I joked.

"You know...I would. If that's possible" he smiled at me and I rolled my eyes, slightly trying not to blush.

He cleared his throat. "I was just done preparing my stuff for the road, you were right on time."

"Oh, good" he sat on the couch with me and I pulled myself closer to him, I faced him and I rested my cheek on his shoulder. He put his arm around me and he leaned close for one second where I could've sworn his lips pressed against my forehead but I didn't feel a thing. It's like his lips just brushed through it and he made a second thought not to do so because we're just on that "Mutual Understanding" stage of the relationship and he can't do that.

"I'll miss you. Do you really have to leave?"

"I'm sorry." He apologized sincerely. "I mean, I love it when you're around and it sucks that I have to go back to work and not be with you for the next couple of months."

"Oh Hunter, even if you're here, you never stop working. You love your job."

"I do...I do. And I love you too."

"Pick one" I dared with a smile.

"Egan, don't."

"Come on!"

"That's not going to be possible. I swear." He stroked my hair. I giggled. "I mean I love you, I love music. I can't pick."

"Come on...I dare you."

"No!" He moaned.

...

We were just sitting on the couch all cuddled up, speechless. It's like speaking through bodies.

Suddenly, I felt him slightly jump when he looked at his wristwatch. He must've lost track of the time.

He carefully untwined my leg from his and I slowly got up. "Egan, I need to go."

"I'll miss you" I told him, as he gets up from the couch.

He snorted. We were standing face to face this time. "No you won't. I'll annoy you by text messages every time. You'll see."

After I rolled my eyes on what he said, we were both staring at each other, all in aghast. I can tell we didn't know how to end the day with goodbyes.

That was the time when I wasn't aware it was the first time I would ever encounter his lips crashed to mine.

After that, we went back into just staring at each other with no words to say. I decided to fight back.

I interlaced my fingers and locking it on his nape, pulling him closer and pressing my lips against his. We just stop for one second to breathe, but we continue lip locking and it was longer than the first one. Unexpected yet it felt more than great. There are butterflies on my stomach, my mind losing its shit, especially when he pulls me closer and closer until our bodies press against each other and his hands on my waist. It feels like he was distributing electricity from his hands to my whole body. I've never felt this way before, and now I do. It felt so good, it felt like the whole world was beautiful.

That was until I break the kiss, realizing that he really has to go. I looked at him in the eye with my heart trembling out of my chest. He smiled at me.

"I don't want to react like this is the last time we would see each other" I told him.

He laughed and replied. "It isn't, sure. But it would feel that way. Couple of months would mean forever without you."

"Stop" I beamed. "This is too cheesy."

"Cheesy but it's true."

"And cliché, you have to admit."

"Oh, Egan. I promise you our relationship won't be cliché. It'll be crazy."

"Is that a pun, Hunter?"

"Maybe...maybe not?"

I held on to his arm and walking him out my apartment and felt my heart on my throat. I really don't want him to leave.

"Hey, can I be honest?"

"Sure" he nodded. He looked okay. Not nervous, not tensed about what I was about to say. I think he's confident it won't be something bad.

I mean it isn't, but it's just something I also fear in mind.

"Never mind."

"Egan, come on. Tell me."

"It's shallow and stupid. I might've overthink this through and it led me to that stupid thought."

"I don't care. If it would cause me anyhow to be cautious then tell me, Egan. I wouldn't mind. Also, the time is running out and I have to head to the airport."

"I'm telling you, it's stupid."

"The time is running out, Egan" he repeated again. "You better tell me now."

"Okay" I took a deep sigh before sharing my negative thought that is filled with stupidity. "I'm just scared slowly you'll forget about me."

"Why would you think that? I don't easily lose interest to something or someone I really love and I'm confident to say that."

"I know you're not that kind of person but I'm just scared. I've been forgotten too many times by people who once in my life was actually special. It's heartbreaking and even traumatizing."

"Egan, I promise you I will never forget."

"Promises are meant to be broken, Hunt. Always remember that. It's why I don't like it when people promise me stuff. It's ridiculous."

"That 'Promises are meant to be broken' thought is the ridiculous one. If you promise something you really have to stay true to it, but it's disappointing some people would just let it go since they don't treat promises as a relevant factor of their lives. It's saddening."

"You really do have a point there."

"See? And if that's what you still believe nonetheless, I'm ready to prove you wrong. I swear."

"You swear?"

"I do"he smirked. "I have to go. I guess I'll see you soon...or later, because I definitely will have the greatest time annoying you like hell when I land."

"Whatever."

"Bye?" He said. Like saying goodbye is so against his will and he felt so compelled to do it. His throat was tight when he said that.

"Bye. I..." I hesitated for a second but fuck it. "I love you."

"I love you too" he kissed me on the forehead and I hugged him while at it.

"I'll miss you."

"You won't. I'm telling you I'll be bothering you from time to time."

"No you won't. You'll be pretty busy."

"Oh, dare me" he challenged with a devious smile.

"I dare you" I raised an eyebrow and he raised his chin up, taking the challenge.

"Deal's a deal, baby."

"You know it" I chuckled.