Chapter 15:

"No, someone was on your apartment."

"Reece, stop making some fucking alibis just to be able to talk to me!" I yelled.

"Oh Egan, stop trying to hide the fact that you wanted to cheat on your boyfriend because of me."

"Jesus Christ, Reece! I have no boyfriend!" I shouted. "What the hell do you want from me? It's late!"

"You tried to cheat on your boyfriend for me? Wow, Egan, you must desperately like me a lot." He mocked.

"I wasn't desperate for you, Reece. Get over yourself."

"Please, Egan."

"Please get out of my life." I hung up and quickly searched the phone for Hunter's number. But as I tapped on his name I put down my phone realizing that he's in the middle of a session and I don't want him worried about me.

Reece is probably that hoodie guy Hunter was talking about. I don't even know where he lives but I'm pretty damn sure now that he's from Nashville.

Half of me wants to tell Hunter but half of me doesn't. Since I'm really unsure about my actions currently, I might as well just call up Cherry then. But wouldn't she worry too?

Whatever. I dialed Cherry's number and pressed call. Her phone rang three times before she answered.

"Egan aren't you sick?"

"Well, I was. I'm alright now. Hey, listen, what did you tell Reece earlier?"

"I told him to leave you alone. What's wrong, is he still bothering you?"

"Kind of. He won't stop texting me and fifteen seconds ago I hung up from a phone call with him. He was telling me he saw a guy on my apartment today."

"That's fucked up. If you have a guy in your apartment today, you would've told me. Wait! Would you?" Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. I'm a bad friend, I know. I get it.

I swallowed. "Hey, of course I would!"

"How can he tell that you have a guy in your apartment? You're all alone there!"

"He's probably thinking of some way to get in contact with me. He even told me that I was 'cheating' on my 'boyfriend' because I desperately want him."

"That's bullshit."

"I know! He's just making some alibis just so he could talk to me. That's a nice try, though. But I'm never talking to him, ever."

"Yeah, you shouldn't talk to him. He's just probably plotting to ruin your life by reminding you everything that's ever happened last night. He knows it's haunting you down that's why he's doing that."

"Wow, I'm not really that affected as you think, Sher."

"Wow, don't call me 'Sher', Egan. I'm not your ex boyfriend."

"Oh God, I told you nothing happened between me and John, I promise you. It's just another puppy love player way in a plan to make Reece jealous back in eight grade."

"So you were desperate to get him?"

"I was but that was back in middle school and I was too blinded for him that I played with John's little fuzzy innocent heart. Little did I know I was actually being stupid and John's a keeper."

"Too bad, Egan. But if you only knew what you knew now and you get to meet you from the past, what would you do?"

"I'd slap myself and be all like 'Egan Miller, get yourself together! You're trying to get involve in a relationship with an asshole. No seriously, Egan. Trust me-he's an asshole.'"