Chapter 9:

He told me all about himself. How he played the accordion as a kid, how he started playing guitar and how he learned. How he lived his life simply in Breux Bridge back then and how much he loved music ever since.

"I didn't even expected that it would be..." he made complicated hand gestures "like this. It's amazing."

"It truly is. But in the point of view of other people, including me, I don't think they'd be surprised you'd be really successful. You have everything!"

He looks down, blushing.

"You've got it all. The talent, the looks, the personality-"

"Come on" he gave me a sly smile.

"I mean it! I'm pretty sure everybody's got the same thing to say. On your interviews, from your fans, from the people who first time to have encountered you. They find out about your life story, you'll hear almost the exact words that I've told you. I bet it will sound repetitious but that's the truth."

"No" he laughs again, doubting what I say.

"You have to believe me. I mean, sure, you may meet some people who wouldn't like you, I mean, you can't please everybody. But the majority of the people you'll get to meet would think you're amazing. You really are."

Okay, that was absolutely cheesy.

"That's really sweet."

"And I'm not saying this because I want to impress you or such, I only speak the truth, and that's the truth."

"You're making me a lot more better, okay" he told me, his eyes were like shimmering.

The conversation kept on going, I definitely enjoyed his company, his stories, the way he talks. His voice is the sweetest I have ever heard. It's comforting.

The door bell rings and our conversation was cut. I tried to get up the couch to answer the door but he stood up first and placed his hand on my shoulder, softly pushing me down to sit. The whole time I was looking on Hunter, my eyes following his actions, wherever he goes. He gets the door.

He got the food we-I meant him-ordered and the delivery guy nodded at him and he closes the door.

"Food is ready" he smirked and pulls out the order from the bag.

I stood up to get the utensils. I don't have a thing for using plastic because I feel like they're going to break while I'm trying to cut something. It's embarrassing.

"You know you could've just asked me to get those."

"You don't have to. It's fine, I swear" I say as he moves a tupperware in front of me.

"What's this?" I asked, before even remembering that-

"It's lasagna. Isn't that what you ordered?" He giggled.

"What did you get?"

"Oh," he looks down the food "I got burgers. I was craving for it." He smiled at me again and I removed the lid of the tupperware and began eating.

He asked a question but I didn't hear for the first time. Mouthful, I asked "What?"

"Is that your favorite?" he points at the lasagna.

"Yes...it's...it's the best" I said, faltering. He just nodded at me with a cute smile.

He stayed in for two and a half more hours until he received a call from this guy named Dann Huff. I'm not familiar but I think that's what his name is. He's an amazing producer, from what I heard.

"Hey, I'm really sorry. I have to go" he stood up.

"Your jacket is still soaked, I'm-"

"It's alright. I told you. If you want, you can have it."

"No, I should really return it to you. Maybe on Tuesday?"

He beamed. "Okay."

His phone in his hand, he walks to the door and twisted the knob open. He looks at me one last time.

I smirked. "Bye?"

"No...I'll be back. I swear." he beckoned and got out. He blandly shut the door and I remained seated on the couch.

I realized my phone wasn't on the messy table and freaked out, dug in my couch and found five missed calls from Cherry. Oh no.

I returned her call and when she picked up, she started yelling and complaining that I haven't been answering her calls.

"I'm so sorry, I fell asleep and my phone was on silent. Seriously, why have you been violently calling?"

"I've been worried, Egan. I thought Reese had already killed you! You saw my message earlier."

"I did, I did but I was too sleepy to reply."

"But seriously, can you tell me what happened last night? You should've been texting me and annoying me about how you and Reese spent the whole night last night but you're being too silent now and I'm concerned now. Be honest with me."

Sure, I will be bloody honest, except for the Hunter Hayes part. I know this girl and she would totally squeal and ask hell load of questions about the guy and I don't want to give further informations especially the things he shared to me earlier. I thought to myself.

"I went to that park with him near the place where the gathering was held." My throat was tight as I continued telling her the story. It's painful and the anger is rising on my body. "I hung out with him there for maybe an hour and a half. Then, he asked me if I could go somewhere with him and he told me it'll be a big favor that I'd do for him. Of course, because I'm extremely dumb, I did go with him.

"It was a motel he's staying in. He doesn't live in Nashville because, according to him, it was really pricey. When I was there, I began to feel a little suspicious, like something bad might happen but I neglected the thought and came with him to the room he's staying in. I kind of noticed that he locked the door behind him and asked me to sit on the bed. Of course, because I'm extremely dumb, I did sat on the bed" I repeated. "He kissed me on my neck and lay me down the bed trying to have sex with me."

"Oh my god, really?" she sounds excited.

"Yes but I refused."

"Why not? You'll regret it."

"Actually I don't, because on that point I realized that he's actually an ass who doesn't respect girls and who doesn't deserve love. Was my clothing too sexy and was I too guilable that I got dragged in a motel in the guy's thought that I'm a slut? Awful."

"Honestly, but I don't get it, I look way more like a slut than you. That was an appropriate dress and I was like going to a club or something."

"Thank you for admitting that." I agreed.

"Maybe he knows that you like him?"

"Did you tell him?"

"God no! I don't recall telling him anything. I barely even talk to that guy."

"Well good because if you do I might kill you."

"You might." She laughs and we got silent for a moment. "Hey, what's his phone number?"

"I don't know. I never memorized it."

"I'm going to hang up and you text me his number, okay?"

"Wait, why should I?"

"I'm going to do stuff" she told me in a devious tone.

"What stuff?" I exclaimed, really worried.

"Just watch" she said and then she hung up. I was really worried but I texted anyway. I figured this is going to be good-I feel bad.

I've had a gut feeling that she will yell at him through the phone, without his knowledge that it's Cherry. I mean, that's what she did to my previous exes and other people who messes with me. This is why I maintain a good friendship with her, though I don't have the audacity to do the same to the people who messes with her, because I thought ever since high school that I'm weak.

I waited for her next phone call because I know she will call after she's done with what she was going to do.