Chapter 6:

When we arrived at the apartment, I hopped out of the car and shut the door, he did a background check inside before doing the same.

We both went to the elevator and I handed him his jacket.

"No, it's fine. You can return it tomorrow or if you want, it's yours."

"What? No! I can't...I'll...I'm just going to hand you this tomorrow, okay?"

"Sure" he agreed.

I looked down the whole time but I can still see him stare at me while I grab my fully protected-God bless phone cases-phone from my soaking clutch bag.

There's a couple of missed calls from Cherry and and a couple of missed calls and text messages from Reese.

8:51pm

I can explain

9:12

Please answer my calls

9:24

I'm really sorry about what happened tonight

9:31

Please stop ignoring me

9:43

Please answer my calls and let me explain!!!

9:47

I'm really sorry!!!!

"Fuck no" I pressed lock on my phone and dropped it in the bag.

"Wow, language?"

"God! I'm so sorry. I'm just a little pissed about what happened."

"Need a release?"

"No, I just need to cool off for a little bit."

I hadn't observed that we already got out of the elevator and he's walking me to my apartment.

When we reached the door, I unlocked it and slightly pushed it open.

"Get well real soon, okay?"

"Okay" I smiled at him.

"Take care, Egan Miller" that's the last thing he told me for the night. He was three doors away from the apartment in front of me. That's why I often see a dirty blonde haired guy wearing a jacket or plain colored shirt and jeans in these halls.

"Thank you so much, Hunter" I replied, he already had almost entered his apartment. He gave me one last smile and I smirked back and entered my room.

So I thought he's only one of those typical celebrities who'd already let fame get in their heads. I was mistaken. He's actually down to earth and kind hearted. He made my night better, honestly. I sure was crying the whole time, yes. But if it wasn't for him I wouldn't be safe at home right now.

But I'm not quite ready to tell everybody what happened the entire night yet. It left a bad mark and everyone is totally going to make a big deal out of me getting to encounter a famous Country musician. I get it, it's a big deal and I'm glad I met him. I just don't appreciate my friends making a feast and asking totally unanswerable questions about the guy. But half of me still wants to tell them though, but my instinct keeps on telling me something's going to happen, and I probably shouldn't tell anyone about it.

You know how the gut instinct can always be right? I got really scared so I had to follow. It might impact his fame or sometimes his fans would even assume that he's dating someone-me-just because of what happened and I'm just trying to coat the whole thing by saying "I just met him".

I took a shower, I got dressed and I laid down the bed and tried not to overthink everything and then Hunter Hayes is now stuck on my mind. Great.