Chapter 18:

Here, have another unexpected update but 💁

Hunter's POV:

I was heading to some restaurant to meet up with the band for dinner. I craved hours ago so I already ate but now I'm slightly craving once again since it's been like two hours since I ate. But I'd still go there either way. Matt told me that there's something really important to be talked about so I definitely have to be there.

As I walked out of the apartment and locked the door, with the keys in my hand, I noticed someone with the same hoodie as the one I saw the night before, which is really alarming.

Who the heck is this guy?

His hands in his pockets, faced down and hiding his identity, walked in front of me but didn't give me a glance. I stood there outside my door with my hands clutched on the knob, following him with my eyes. When he was four doors away, that's when I decided to walk to the elevator.

He got in first and attempted to shut the doors but I stopped it and successfully got in. Thank God we're not the only ones in the elevator, or perhaps I'm screwed.

There are couple of girls with us inside and they were giggling and chatting. The guy with the hoodie stood on almost the same exact spot as he was when I've encountered him the first time. Some eyes are on me with a really surprised expression painted on their faces, some are staring at their reflection on the door that slid shut.

Except for the hoodie guy. He's just looking down with his hair covering his face, again. People on the elevator probably have noticed him already but I don't think they felt weird about this guy. Only me.

I mean why would they feel weird? They don't know the guy. Same goes to me. I've only encountered this guy twice and I already feel weird about him, just because he looks like Reece Martin. Talk about immediately judging the book by it's cover. It's wrong and I am aware, but I can't help but get a bad feeling over this guy.

My thoughts kept me busy that I didn't notice we made it past the ground floor, it's only the two of us again inside the elevator and I pretended to text, so I won't feel any more weird. My heart racing, nevertheless.

We never even spoke, he never brought his chin up. He never looked around, not even once. I'm surpised how his nape isn't even aching. I couldn't look down for that long.

The door slid open and once again, I walked out first before he could even get out of there. I did the same routine like the last time. I headed to my car and got in. Observed his moves while sitting in the car and starting the engine. But this time I didn't look back to see his face and now he's facing up.

A girl approached the guy and began yelling. This is where the situation got fascinating. I got the window from the driver seat down and this girl's voice is really audible from here.

While listening to this girl "reprimanding" this hoodie guy, something familiar slept from her mouth and it made me grab my phone and contact Egan.

"This is probably that Govanne girl" I said as I tapped on Egan's number and got her on speaker.

Egan's POV:

Hunter was calling and I answered, he was sort of breathing heavily and I got worried.

"Are you okay?" I said, pretty shocked.

"Yeah, why would you think I'm not?"

"You were breathing heavily on the line, I thought something was wrong. I got worried there for a second" I told him all honestly.

"Sorry about that but, does this Govanne girl knows Reece because I think it's her who's yelling at this hoodie guy over here."

"You saw him again?!" I exclaimed. I was thinking he tried to get away by lying again.

"Shh...okay, I was about to tell you that when I was about to get in the car, but then I spotted this whole thing and this is getting really...intense" he observed. My eyes widened.

I was honestly too exhausted to function. I wanted to push myself off my bed for me to get up and head to the parking lot, but it's like I'm all heavy and can't get up properly.

"Intense?"

"Yeah-ooh, she pushed his hoodie off his head."

"Seriously? Were you mistaken or something?"

"No. It really was Reece! You really should get in here and see for yourself, she's totally kicking his butt. Also, you can call the cops on him now?"

I felt lightened up so I got up the bed and ran to the door. I wasn't dressed properly yet for bedtime. I just laid down to rest because it had been a hell day for me.

My keys in my pocket and confident that I left a backup for Govanne, I locked the door and sprinted on the hallway and into the elevator.

I was all alone. I tapped on the close button repeatedly and pushed the button for the parking lot as it slides down with no stopping. I've read it's useful when in a hurry and all alone and the police do it when in a search or whatsoever.

The elevator door stopped and revealed a view of Govanne indeed kicking Reece's ass. I searched the room for Hunter's car but I didn't continue. Instead, I went straight ahead to Govanne and Reece and dialed the cops.

Hunter's POV:

After what appeared to be an hour, my phone began to blow up and forgot that I actually had an errand. I was too stunned over that Govanne girl ranting and beating Reece up and the big scene that was made because Egan called the cops.

I didn't say anything to Egan, I just left because I was in a hurry, but I promised myself that I would apologize to her when I get to the destination. Just now's not the time. I can't butt in the scene in there, I also can't be late to that dinner thing, so I might as well just go to the restaurant, talk things out with the boys, explain further to Egan through text.

It's a good plan, sure. But I don't know if it will work out the way I wanted it. It's worth a try and at least I made an effort.

I drive off and thinking of ways to apologize to the guys and explain why I'm late. I don't even know if I should tell them honestly that I was really stunned on that situation in the parking lot because I don't think that's a completely reasonable reason.

I shrugged it out and kept my eyes locked on the road, all focused in there, listening to few random records blasting in the car.