Chapter 10:

Hunter's POV:

Around these times Egan should be in class by now. I don't have any intentions to interrupt her while she's learning. I'm not taking any responsibility on her failing grades and dim future.

But half of me says I should text her. I shunned it anyway. I also have to think of a new song to write for the new record.

I rejected the first one that I composed, just because it's too obvious. I have something different and better in mind too. But wouldn't everybody think I'm in a secret relationship with someone?

I don't want to care anymore. I will write something for her. I will write something about her and these ideas keep coming up to me ever since I was in the elevator with her with a bunch of people, when I met her best friend with her and I had to pretend I just met her. It's been stuck on my mind and I wouldn't let it go. I keep remembering it because it sounds so great and I want to pursue writing that song.

I grabbed a piece of paper, a pen, and began scribbling what I thought would be a great lyric for the song. I started off with the first verse, typically.

We get so close but we never touch

Gotta wear this mask for just long enough

To get away from all the eyes that stare us down

I smiled at the paper and my heart was racing. This is what I've been willing to do for the past few days and I'm glad I finally get to release it. But I can't think of some more lines properly. There's so many ideas on my mind that sounds about right for the verse, but I wanted it to sound better.

I write the first letter of the first word of the concept on my brain, but end up just shading it off and getting annoyed because it doesn't sound much appropriate to the song.

I keep rolling my eyes over the stupid lines that I almost added to the song to the point that I couldn't bare writing this alone anymore.

Maybe I need some help with this.

No! I totally do.

...

I called Sam and told him that I need a little bit of help on writing a song. I told him all about it on the phone, that I wanted to write about it but I still managed to keep Egan as a secret-or even talk about 'a girl'. I told him that I just thought it's an awesome idea and it had to be written. He agreed but unfortunately he couldn't come because of some errands.

Slowly I forgot about it, but I still kept the paper so I could continue. I hid it on the pocket of my backpack so that I won't ever forget about the first line that I wrote. I'm not letting any of that ideas go to waste, I'm just devastated I didn't get to finish the song today since my ideas were clearly unfathomable to express.

I glanced at my watch and realized Egan will be heading home around these times, although I'm unsure if Govanne's going to stop by her apartment-I'm slightly hoping not, since I thought it would be a great opportunity to spend time with her again. I have to leave next week and I feel like I need to savor each chances I get to be with her. Also, for more further ideas on that song. But majority is, I just want to be with her. I have to deal with next week without her. Just call, text and maybe Skype. Other than that there's no physical presence, which saddens me. It seems so incomplete.

Of course, from time to time I had to look at my peep hole or even look outside just to see if she's arrived. I even stare at my phone waiting for her to text.

Then my heart jumped when I received a notification that she texted me.

7:24pm

Hi baby! What are you doing?

I replied to her text messaged hiding the fact that I'm composing a song about our relationship. I sort of wanted it to be a surprise for her. So, I simply told her I was anticipating for her to get home. Her reply was immediate also.

7:25pm

I'm on the way home. Why are you waiting for me?

7:25pm

Nothing. that's something I usually do now haha :) Come over?

7:26pm

Sure! I'm already in the lobby. Wait for me! :) I love you!

I didn't reply back knowing she's going to come over anyways and she's close. I'm sure she's on the elevator right now. I just have to wait a little bit until she gets here.

I let myself drop on the couch, I tilted my head back and closed my eyes. I was already comfortable with that position until somebody knocked on my door.

Elated, I ran to my door and looked at the peep hole. It was Egan. My heart leaped and a smile was quickly drawn on my face.

I opened the door and she gets in.

"Hi!" She greeted with a hug and a kiss on the cheek. I, on the other hand, greeted her back with a kiss on the lips.

I led her to the couch and she sat there. I went to kitchen to prepare her something, but I didn't know what-and I felt terrible, because when I come over she always knows what to prepare me.

I cleared my throat. "So...hot choco?"

"Yes please" she smiled and stood up, proceeding to the kitchen where I was.

She looped her arms around my waist and dug her face on my back. It tickled a little bit but I kind of loved it. Whatever.

Next thing I know, we were both on the bed and at it again. I didn't plan this as something that could definitely kill time, spending hours with her-but I don't mind. I was a little longing for her the whole day and this sort of sounds like a great idea.