Chapter 19:

I was hugging my books and I wasn't really speaking to Govanne at all. She's not stupid to not know there must be something wrong with me. She was already aware. She knows me too well and I don't usually remain quiet for three seconds. I bore silence.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah." I said, but I was still motionless and speechless.

I felt my conscience eat me up alive as I only told Cherry about the whole relationship I've had. With all honesty, I'm happy with Hunter, I love him all my life, but what I'm unhappy about is this relationship being kept sealed and secured. It's truly awful that I had to lie about my best friend about too many stuff. One lie leads to more lies, until it gets big.

We were walking home, cars paused around the busy main street, I see a group of executives jogging to the pedestrian crossing at three seconds free time before the light turns red. They look so weird with their formal business attires and their positions and you'll be seeing them crossing the street in an odd sprint just because they don't want to wait another two minutes to be able to get to the building on the other side of the street.

Although I find it a little funny, I still didn't manage to smile. The whole day I was speechless and dumbfounded and I didn't think about anything but telling Govanne about all of these but at the same time still desperate for Hunter to put his whole trust on me without a doubt, but if I tell one more person about our relationship then he'll overreact and worse, might put the whole relationship in jeopardy.

...

"Why are you so silent?!" She broke down and fought me over the halls on the floor of my apartment. "You're supposed to be talking to me not giving me the silent treatment. But I swear to God, Egan, I've never done anything wrong."

"You've never done anything wrong. But what about me?!" I yelled back.

"Egan, what do you mean?-"

I didn't let her finish. I was exploding already. "I'm so sick and tired of this. And I don't like fighting with him about this anymore!" I blurted out.

"Who's 'him'?"

I couldn't tell her who I was talking about, but I did pressed my back against Hunter's door, half wishing she would get the hint.

I came closer to her and held her on her shoulders. "I'm sorry, Govanne. I'm sorry for everything. I hate this, I really do." Tears were streaming down my face and I was shaking so bad. "I'm sorry Govanne. I really am."

"Egan, what are you talking about?"

She gave me a hug. I was weak to push her back and run away, so I just took it with a heavy heart. I've betrayed her and I can't believe she's still doing this. Don't she get the hint already?

"I betrayed you, I-"

"Egan, whatever it is, it's okay."

"No it's not. You don't know how it is, Govanne!"

"If you're hiding something from me, then fine. I'm okay with it. If you're not ready to come out with it yet I'm cool with it. Take your time. And you'll be telling me about it anyways, so what should I worry about?"

I felt a slight touch of relief on what she said. And she's right, I'd be telling her about this anyway so why do I have to worry?

"You're stressing yourself too much, Egan."

"Because it's a big deal, Govanne. It's a big fucking deal!"

"You're not hiding drugs from me so I don't think it's a big deal."

"No but H-" I attempted to tell her the truth but my brain sends out signals to my mouth not to say shit. "Hun-"

"What is it?"

"H...H...unt..."

I don't think she was ready to know so I ran away from her and locked the door to my apartment.

I could hear her knocking gently, until aggressively, and all I could do is cry, willing to open the door for her but I'm not ready for a massive fight yet. A massive fight with one of my very best friends.

I'm already going on and off with Hunter, I can't handle two fights at once?