Chapter 19:

Here have another unexpected update just because oh my god

Enjoy loves!

---

---

"Egan..." I wanted to explain more, but she's a little upset.

"Frankly, I just met you and I don't want you to leave real quick...you know I love being around you and everything, and getting to know you and such. I don't want you to leave just yet" she told me, looking down.

We were sitting on my apartment and I discussed to her that I am about to go back on the road few days later. A sad expression was plastered on her face and I can't do anything about it. And I think she's having so much fun hanging with me these past few days as I was having so much fun hanging out with her.

"I know..." I nodded.

My brain suddenly thought of an idea to make her feel better. "Hey" I called.

"What?" She looked at me and she looked so dull and just...sad.

"How about this. I take you out to dinner-"

"No, Hunter. You don't need to do that."

"No, I'll do it. I'd love to do it. I'll take you out to dinner."

"Hunter, what would everybody's reaction be when they find out that Hunter Hayes, Country music superstar, multitalented musician is on some fancy restaurant all alone with a girl? What would you do? Wear a hoodie?"

"Why? Can't a guy be on dinner with a girl and just be friends at the same time? They have to think about that too, you know. Not all dates have strings attached and it's also getting annoying that people will take pictures of you on a 'date' and assume that you're in a relationship with that person." The 'no strings attached' part actually physically pained me in the chest like a knife piercing through my heart. That time I was already aware that my feelings for her are getting stronger, and I don't feel like stopping myself. I'm not entirely sure if it's bad or if it's a good thing, because she loves it when I'm around, but at time same time I'm still unsure if I have a chance on her.

"But still, you have to think about that" she beckoned and I just smirked.

"Whatever they say, whatever they think, I don't care anymore. I'd take you out to dinner and make it up to you. I promise."

"You're seriously doing this?"

"Yeah, because I love you" after a millisecond, I realized what I said and it's like I felt my eyes pop out of my head in massive shock.

"What was that?"

"Nothing...so..." I cleared my throat. "When?"

"When?" She repeated.

"When are we going for dinner?"

She shrugged and her looks made it appear that she didn't really want this. It's like implying that I didn't have to do that for her. "Your choice. I'm always free" she smiled but that one, I knew was for real.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes...I'm just scared someone I know might see us. I told you, my best friend is insane about you and I can't let her know. I've already lied to her and now I have to make up a thousand lies in the future to cover it up."

I've been bugging on why does she have to hide the fact that she's friends with me. I'm no big deal.

So I had to ask. "Egan, why do you have to hide it from your friends?"

"I don't like big fuzzes. Once I share it to my friends, they will share it with their other friends and the cycle will go on. Rest assured untrue stories will keep adding up and would eventually spread to be a dating rumor. I'm scared."

"You've got nothing to hide anyway, we're not dating-" ouch? "-so why keep it as a secret?"

"I can't fathom. All I know is that and I have a bad feeling."

"Bad feeling?" I laughed at her and she looked at me in awe. She's kind of smiling though her jaw dropped open.

"Hunter!" She playfully pushed me. "That's unfair, I never doubted your bad feeling on that hoodie guy that turned out to be Reece."

"Shh" my index finger touched her lips and she slapped my hand.

We were sharing a good laugh and I've noticed we were almost cuddling on my couch.

I attempted to change the topic again. "Seriously, when do you want to grab dinner?"

"Whenever you want to" she flipped her hair back slowly.

"What if I tell you next year?"

"Hey, our agreement was just around this week!"

"You said whenever so I'm picking next year" I teased.

"Hunter!" She pushed me playfully once again. Her hand pressed against my arm and it was totally soft and gentle.

"You're like a little kid. It's adorable."

"Stop!"

She's like pretending to be annoyed but can't because she finds everything funny so she ends up laughing. I honestly love that.

"Little girl" I teased once again and laughed at her. She kiddingly frowned and I squeezed her left cheek.

"Stop!" She squealed, covering her face with one hand, and the other's holding on my wrist, stopping me from squeezing her cheek once again. She giggled adorably.

Egan's POV:

He fought back by holding my wrists with both of his hands. He was smiling at me and chuckling and I felt a little weakened because I honestly found it adorable.

Then I just realized this is sort of like cuddling and I don't feel like stopping it.

I tried to fight him off, I even tried biting his wrist and he kept pulling his hand gripping on mine, closer to him.

"Hunter, let me go!" I shrieked with a laugh and he chuckled.

"Why are you trying to bite me? That's not fair!"

"It is too!"

"See, you're such a little kid." He let go of his grip.

I tapped on his nose. "You're such a dork, Hunt." My voice cracked.

"Oh my God, Egan. Are you flirting with me?" He joked.

"Hell no!" I said right away, though I feel like I am really flirting with him.

"Yes you are, don't deny" he pointed at me, and I leaned to bite his finger but he put it away.

"You're honestly being too adorable right now" he grinned and I shook my head, blushing.

"Stop" my cheeks were red and I can feel my heart skipping a beat.

"You're blushing!" He teased and I slapped his arm.

"Hunter, now you're like a little kid" I returned to him.

"I get that a lot" he laughed. "Isn't it unfair how you got annoyed by me calling you a little kid and when you told me I was acting like a kid too I didn't mind?"

"Yes, thanks for pointing that out" I took the turn to squeeze his cheek and he held my hand taking it off his cheek.

"Egan, I'm telling you, stop flirting with me."

"Flirting? You're the one who's flirting with me! Stop ricocheting!"

"Ricocheting?" He smirked. "Wow, Egan. That's some Shakespearean stuff right there" he said, and I've noticed while sitting on the couch is that his arm were already around me. I don't mind.