Chapter 1//Troye

Troye

________________________________________

It's the first day of my sophomore year at Jarvis Mathis Academy (JMA for short). JMA is a prestigious, private boarding school located in the literal middle of nowhere. The campus is enormous and at times I am very grateful for that. I longingly remember the tall red buildings that I called my home last year. Thinking of the few friends I made and the memories we shared. Home hadn't been all that great the past couple years with mom and dad fighting all the time. School was nice. Well most of the time, when people aren't being douches.

The car rumbles to a stop outside of the intimidating big silver gates and I slowly get out of the car. I walk around to the back of the car to pick up my suit cases. My mum gets out of the car making sure she gets a hug goodbye. I grasp my suitcases in my hands and start to walk away only to hear my mum yell, "Find a boyfriend." They have been lightly teasing me ever since I came out last year. It happened at the end of the year bash, the night before we left.

*Flash back*

A popular song blared through the speakers as one of the Juniors DJ'd. I danced around a bit with Connor. I had told him that I didn't want to come because everyone makes fun of me but he had dragged me here anyways. After a few minutes I sat down not wanting to be here anymore. Connor stayed out on the dance floor playfully grinding against a junior girl despite the fact that he's a freshman. Connor is a bit of a player sometimes or he thinks he is anyway.

I buried my face in my hands listening to the beat of the music. I know the next song that plays and I sing along quietly. I'm thinking about just heading back to my room when the music suddenly cuts off. I hear a huge protest and look up to see the junior, Marcus Butler, pulling the mic off the stand. Loud feedback rings through the ballroom and squeals could be heard all around. I watched him bite his lip then released it. I might find him attractive if I didn't know how big of an ass he is.

"So" he started not looking all that sure of what he was doing. "You know that freshman, Troye Sivan Mellet?" My heart was pounding in my chest as I looked around most of them seemed to be familiar with my name. Despite not having too many friends I was a part of the choir and theatre so people knew me. My heart dropped through stomach when I thought about what he might be announcing to the whole school. It can't be that thing? No, who told him? "Yes well someone in his room has told me that he is gay. Now Troye would you like to-" that's all I heard as I started bawling as I ran out of the ballroom and down the hall. I didn't stop running until I was across campus next to the boys dorms. I collapsed by the ivory white fountain.

How the fuck does he do that? I knew he was a douche but I thought he had some fucking boundaries. Now everyone is going to make fun of me because I'm not popular. I've seen Marcus beat up kids because of things like this before. He's going to get all his stupid junior friends to hurt me. Well I guess they are Stupid Seniors now.

It was ten minutes before I felt someone sit next to me. I assumed it was Connor so when the arm wrapped around me I just let it happen. I leaned into the person and realized that this could not be Connor. He was smaller in size and he didn't smell the same. I jumped away and looked over to see Tyler Oakley.

I was so confused that I stopped crying and stared at him. Why would the big popular, openly gay and still loved Tyler Oakley be coming to comfort me? This makes no sense. I've never socialised with this boy before. Sometimes he smirks at me in the halls or winks at me but that's the closest to a conversation we have ever had. I'm that quiet kid that keeps himself to himself and he's that big popular guy that everyone we don't cross paths.

"Troye don't look at me like that. I'm not going to make fun of you. I came out here to make sure you're okay. What Marcus did was not okay and I let him know that in a way I maybe should not have." He looks down at his knuckles and I can see blood crusting on his skin. Did Tyler punch his best friend in the face because he outed me in front of the whole school? This is insane. I can't handle this. I'm going back to my room. I start to get up and Tyler catches my arm in his hand.