Chapter 48//Troye

Troye

__________

Tyler and I walk away from our theatre group because we need to go back to our room. Tyler starts asking me about my family and I tell him that they'll be here tonight for the concert. He seems worried for some reason about meeting them. I don't understand why. Tyler wants to make a good first impression, I guess.

"Tyler don't worry I'm sure my family will love you. I mean I do and that's all that really matters." Tyler mock shoves me as a blush coats his cheeks. I love that he still blushes when I tell him that I love him or when I say something cheesy. Tyler grabs a water bottle and a gift for Ms. Kale and we head to lunch.

We walk hand in hand to the dining hall not separating until we sit down with Con, Jonah and Makayla to eat. Jonah and Makayla have finally told everyone the obvious they are in fact a couple. I really like them together. They are good for each other. I eat what's in front of me making sure to avoid dairy. (dairy causes phlegm which isn't good for your singing voice.) We chat with each other mostly talking about the concert tonight and when our parents are going to be here. It's all so normal. Thinking back to last year I remember exactly where I was at this time. I was sitting by myself in the corner of the dining room trying not to be to stressed about the concert. I was practically going insane with anxiety about the concert last year. So much has changed from last year but so much for the better.

Who would have thought that I would be dating Tyler Oakley? Definitely not me. Who would have thought I would have found so many great new friends? I think I know the answer. I think Tyler knew my potential from the moment he saw me. I think he knew I was afraid so he made me not afraid.

Tyler leads me out of the dining hall when we are done eating. We head back to the art hall so we can give Ms. Kale her present. We walk into her class room and see that a few members of the choir are already in here. Tyler and I walk over to her with her present behind our backs. She looks up from her salad giving us a curious look.

"Since you are such an amazing teacher we thought we should give you a little something." Tyler pulls out a vinyl record of her favorite album and I pull out a necklace with a little microphone on it. She smiles widely and walks over to hug us after accepting our gifts.

"Troyler you are the best." We talk to Ms. Kale until the bell rings. We are talking about plans after high school, our favorite songs, favorite performances. Everything. I'm honestly said that I'm only going to have her for one more year after this one. She's an absolutely fabulous teacher and she feels like one if my friends rather than a teacher. Last year I would come to her with my problems. She was always there for me 100%.

"Okay we are going to go to the auditorium after warm ups and run through our concert a few times." Ms. Kale says when everyone is in the room. We stand preparing for warm ups but before she begins she starts talking again. "I talked to Trevor's mother and they said that they will be holding him over night but he should be home tomorrow. He won't be able to preform opening night but he will on the second night." I hear relieved sighs coming from all around the room and I look to Ana who is smiling now.

"Can I sing a little something?" Tyler asks looking up at Ms. Kale. She nods eagerly making her way to the piano. Tyler walk to the front of the room and whispers in Ms. Kale's ear, her eyes light up and she nods.

"You lift my heart up when the rest of me is down
You, you enchant me even when you're not around
If there are boundaries, I will try to knock them down
I'm latching on, babe, now I know what I have found."

No no Austin sang this to me. Tyler can't sing this to me. It sounds better with Tyler singing it but I'm being assaulted with memories of Austin that I don't want.