Chapter 56//Tyler

Tyler

_________________

I honestly don't have all that much fun on my stupid day trip. I mean it's great hanging out with all of my friends but I just want to spend as much time as I can with Troye before we leave. All day I have this feeling in the pit of my stomach that something is wrong back at school but unfortunately they had confiscated our electronics as soon as we got on the bus. I don't know what it is but something just feels wrong. I try to have fun, I honestly do but I can't.

I'm 100% relieved when we pull into the school and I see my boyfriend waiting at the gate even though we are suppose to go right to the auditorium to prepare for graduation. Then I begin to worry when I see his red eyes and the fact that he's holding the microphone that Yovanna gave him last year after the talent show. Oh no. Troye only pulls that microphone out on very special occasions. Never good ones.

I disregard my bags and hurry off the bus to my boyfriend. Troye looks me in the eyes and I can tell that he's not okay. I wait for him to tell me whatever the bad news is. Troye is never like this with out reason. I knew something was wrong.

"Yovanna got killed." My initial reaction is denial. He can't be dead. The man I've worked with for four years can not be dead. The one that worked with me through everything that happened. Yovanna was there for me through every stupid thing I did. Every stupid break up. Make up. Fight. Problem. Anything, that man was always 100% there for me, even if what he was saying didn't make sense to me right away. My second thought was the fact that Troye said got killed rather than died. I don't have the energy to reply to the statement. I start bawling and fall into Troye's arms. I'm overwhelmed with emotion. I just want to be able to thank for all the things he did for me. I don't think he knew how much I appreciate him. He's the reason I found what makes me happy and I'm not just talking about acting. Troye. He forced Troye and I together because he could tell that we needed to be together against all odds. I need to thank him.

Will Yovanna was the kind of person that everyone wants in their life. He was the kind of person that will be there for you if you ever need him. He was smart and had so much life experience but he was fun at the same time. He was such a great guy and I didn't think of him as a teacher. I think of him as my friend because he treated me like I was his equal not his student.

Troye holds me as I cry and tried to comfort me. He tells me that they found out who died it already and that they are in custody. He keeps telling me that he loves me and I need to use this tragedy to make my performance tonight better. I'm singing a song at graduation called "I'm not gonna cry" by Cory Smith. There is a line that says 'And we've lost a few along the way.' This line is probably going to make me cry tonight.

"Tyler I know that this is really hard but you need to head to the auditorium to get ready." One of the dorm advisories says tapping me on the shoulder. He starts walking away and I pull Troye into a slow salty kiss. I'm going to miss being able to do that whenever I want.

"I love you, Tilly. Rock your song for Will." Troye says squeezing my hand. I pull him into my chest for a quick hug then I reply to him.

"I love you too, Troye. I will." Then Troye does something that I don't expect he hands me his microphone. I just learned about this microphone about two months ago. It's a really prized possession of his and he never lets anyone touch it ever. Troye himself has said that he doesn't know why he treasures it so much. He has a reason to treasure it now. It's the first thing Yovanna ever gave him. It's the first time he got recognized for his amazing voice. "Troye I can't take this from you."

"Yes you can. You didn't get to sing songs with the rest of us so you need to sing for Yovanna with this mic. Take it." Troye thrusts the microphone in my hand and I take it. I lean in and give Troye a kiss on the forehead before I walk away towards the auditorium.