Chapter 20//Troye

Troye

_________________

I wake up to the sound of Tyler's voice ringing through the room. He's not talking to me though it sounds like he's on the phone with someone. I throw my blanket back deciding that I might as well get up and start getting ready.

Once out of bed I see that Connor is still sleeping so I nudge his leg until he wakes up groaning loudly. I start searching for a cute outfit. I want to look really good today, but I also need to find something that will look good with Austin's jersey. I'm still so flattered that he wants me to wear his jersey. He wants me in the stands screaming his name. He wants me to be there to run out of the stands when they win.

I fix my quiff grabbing my backpack as I look over to Connor who is sliding his shoes on. Connor motions for me to start walking as he ties his shoelace. Tyler is still on the phone with someone but I haven't been paying enough attention to have even a vague guess as to who.

Connor meets me in the common room and we walk out of our building slowly. Connor keeps running a hand through his hair and fiddling with his clothes. Why is he acting weird? Don't worry, Troye, Connor will tell you eventually. We walk into the dining hall and I sit down with Connor in our regular spot.

"So I heard a rumor from one of Austin's friends that Austin is going to ask you to be his boyfriend tonight." Connor says as we start filling our plates up. My eyes widen for a second then a big smile spreads across my face. Austin is going to ask me to be his boyfriend.

"Really? I mean I thought he would ask me soon but I didn't think this soon." I say watching Tyler walk into the dining hall with a sad look on his face. He heads towards our table but instead of heading to the other end like he usually would he sits next to Connor.

"So does that mean your going to say yes?" Connor asks as Tyler reaches for the scrambled eggs. Tyler looks a bit happier now but not that much. I see Connor rub his shoulder but Connor keeps his eyes locked on me waiting for my response.

"Say yes to what?" Tyler asks looking up at us with a confused look on his face. I look at Connor then bow my head looking at my food. I shove my mouth full so that Connor will have to answer. I don't want to tell Tyler that. I mean he has to know that it's going to happen but that doesn't mean I need to tell him.

"One of Austin's friends told me that Austin is planning on asking Troye to be his boyfriend tonight." Connor says quietly and I glance up to check his reaction. His face is blank. There is no emotion being shown at all. He looks like a zombie.

"I'm glad you're happy." and with that Tyler picks his plate up and moves to a table where no one else is sitting. I feel like the biggest jerk on the planet. Why do I have to have so many feelings? Why can't I not care about Austin? I want both of them to much. I'm such a prick.

"I was planning on saying yes." I say after I am completely done with my food. Connor doesn't look surprised at all as he finishes the last of his food. I look around the room for Austin and I see him leaving the room with Jonah. They are both wearing their letterman jackets and they both look snazzy. I hurry to catch them not wanting to have to go on a wild goose chase to find him.

I throw my arms around Austin's waist right outside of the dining hall and Jonah bids us farewell. Jonah scrambles off and Austin pulls me in front of him.

"Hi there." he says weaving his fingers through mine. He swoops down to kiss my forehead and a giggle bubbles out of my mouth. His smile gets bigger and I break eye contact blushing as I now my head.

"Hi. Are you excited to kick some butt tonight?" I look back up and he nods excitedly. Football is his favorite thing on the face of the earth I swear. "You look really cute in that jacket."