Chapter 31//Troye

Troye

__________________

I wake up to the sound of Tyler humming softly in my ear. I hum in approval at the nice sound of his voice. He strokes my hair and I keep my eyes shut pushing my head into his hand eagerly like a puppy. Why did I ever doubt how much I truly like him? He's so sweet and gentle. He's not anywhere near what people think he is.

"Good morning, babe." Tyler says quietly leaving a little kiss on the side of my head. I don't protest this just letting it happen. I'll probably tease him about it later. I open my eyes and I see Tyler's beautiful eyes framed by the thick frames of his glasses. He smiles at me giving me a look that he gives me often. A look that I can only describe as the way he looks at ranch. So basically he's looking at me like he looks at something he really likes.

"Good morning, Tilly." I say and my voice is surprising low and rough. Tyler hears this and flies out of bed. He rushes out of the room and I hear the door of the bathroom slam. I flop back onto his bed before deciding I should probably get up and get dressed.

I change into a cute Christmasy sweater with a pair of comfy sweats. I hear the water start running in the bathroom and I decide that I might as well go down stairs for breakfast. I check my hair in the mirror on top of Tyler's dresser before I go downstairs.

Breakfast is already in the table when I walk into the kitchen slowly. Tyler's aunt turns giving me a chirpy good morning before turning back to her baking. I grab a plate off of the table and begin to fill it with food. I look around the table to see if she had set our Nutella and sure enough I see it sitting next to the jam. I shake my head with a huge smile crossing my lips as I spread the chocolate hazelnut heaven on my toast.

I start eating and Sammy continues to flit around the kitchen preparing for her Christmas eve party. She doesn't look my way very often as I eat. The food is quite good I'm almost finished when she finally speaks up.

"Tyler talks about you a lot." I can feel my cheeks heat up and I take a drink of the cold milk to give me some time to think of a reply. I mean how do you respond to that? I mena I know he likes me. Does he really talk about me a lot? Even when I was with that filthy animal piece of shit.

"Best friends tend to talk about each other a lot." I say but it doesn't sound confident it sounds more like a question. She giggles rolling her eyes because she knows that both of our feelings run deeper than "just friends."

I finish my plate and start to clean up but Tyler's aunt bats my hand away telling me that she can handle that. She pats my shoulder and I leave the kitchen heading back to Tyler's room.

The shower isn't on anymore but I can hear Tyler humming through the closed door. I smile to myself as plop down on Tyler's comfy bed. I hear his phone buzz beside my head and I pick it up quickly typing in his password th s to had memorized ages ago.

It's a text from someone named Korey. Hmm Tyler's never mentioned a Korey before. My heart drops when I read the message. 'I love you, too. See you soon.' with a wide array of heart emojis, heart eyes and a few kissy faces.

Tyler pushes the door open and I lock his phone flinging it on his bed. He gives me a strange look then looks from me to the phone then back to me. He walks further into the room closing the door behind him.

He grabs his phone from beside me and I just stare at him. I'm not even that angry I'm just disappointed. How could he lead me on like that when he has this Korey? I mean I know he has a boy toy thing with Ethan but Korey said I love you. That's serious. I can't believe he would let me think that I was the only one that he had true feelings for. I'm not angry I just feel absolutely crushed. Tyler unlocks his phone looking at the message I had just read. His face becomes pale and his mouth drops as he starts to explain.