Chapter 52//Troye

Troye

______________

We stay in the tree house for a while with Connor. Tyler decides to head back to our dorm room leaving Connor and I alone in the tree house. I feel like this time is needed. Connor just admitted something significant and I'm his best friend. I've been being a pretty shit friend lately if I'm being truthful. Connor curls up into my side on the couch. He's sitting on a clean blanket because he doesn't want to sit where he knows Tyler and I have fucked. 

Connor starts to squirm a little bit like he's uncomfortable so I lift my arm off of him so he can move. He scoots away from me and furrows his eyebrows together. I pull out my phone and open my Spotify to put on some music while I wait for him to say whatever is on his mind. I put a random playlist on and a One Direction song starts playing. Connor's face relaxes and he starts humming along to the music. We start just talking about random things again not taking notice to time on the clocks. 

Its almost two when we agree that we should probably either go back to our room or go to sleep up here. I lie across the couch looking over to where Connor is sitting on the love seat. He's put a blanket down on the bean bags then snuggles into the bean bags. I turn off the light and use my phone as a flashlight as I walk back to the couch.

"Night, Con." I say covering my shoulder up with my blanket and facing the couch rather than the wall of the tree house.

"Night Tro." I snuggle into the couch and start thinking about all of the things that have happened today. Mostly about the production. I'm still sort of nervous that I didn't do it to my full potential. I try to empty my mind and fall asleep but I just can't for some reason. I can hear Connor shuffling around on the bean bags. He can't sleep either. Wonder whats on his mind. Probably how he's going to tell everyone else what he told us. Thats how I felt when I came out. 

"Troye...?" Connor asks after about an hour when I'm just about to fall asleep. I sigh quietly then answer him. Praying that its nothing horrible and its just something stupid.

"Yes?"  Connor sits up and I turn over to look at him in the dim moon light shinning in. He looks stressed. God damn it. What now? I'm tired and want to sleep. I want Con to be happy and relaxed and I think he's just thinking about way to much stuff all at once. He just broke up with Brooklyn. He's realizing a lot of stuff and that's good but  I can't help but think he might be overwhelming himself.

"I..." He trails off looking like he doesn't know how to phrase what he's going to say, "Troye I like you in a totaly not platonic way. That was such a bad way to phrase that.  I'm sorry this must be really awkward for you now. I'm sorry I shouldn't have told you that."  I can't believe he just said that. I can't believe this is even happening. He's my best friend. I don't feel anything like that about him. I have Tyler I don't have feelings for Connor. Connor is like a brother to me.

"Con I have to go." I get up and pull my shoes on as fast as I can. I run out the door of the tree house hearing Connor calling my name as I climb down the ladder but I'm not going to stop. I can't stop. I won't let him do something stupid that he might regret. I walk quickly back to my dorm room. i don't want to get caught out of my dorm at 3 in the morning on a school night that really wouldn't be good at all. I make it back to the door of my room only to realize that I don't have a key to the door.

"Fuck my life." I tap on the door lightly hoping that no one other than Tyler will wake up. If our DA caught me out of my room this late I'd surely have detention everyday for the next two weeks. "Tyler!" I stage whisper. I hear the lock of the door click and Tyler pulls me inside quickly then locks the door behind us. He takes one look at me then asks, 

"What happened? Where's Con?" He pulls me onto his bed and we sit next to each other and Tyler looks at me. He doesn't push me to say anything and I'm kind of glad for that. I don't really want to tell him but I need too.