Chapter 37//Tyler

Tyler

_____________

"What do you mean he's back early?" Troye asks keeping his eyes glued on his lap. His face has become an unnatural shade of white. What is going on? This can't be good he just pushed me away and now he looks extremely worried. He listens to Jonah, I'd seen the name on the screen, talk for a moment.

"Okay. I'll see you later." He listens for a moment. "Okay. Yeah. Bye." He hangs up the phone shoving it back in his pocket. He bows his head and tugs at his chocolate brown locks in frustration. I wrap an arm around him and he leans into my side with his head still bowed. I rub his back not pressuring him to say anything knowing that he'll tell me when he wants too.

It's several minutes before he sits up straight and takes a deep breath. He lets out the breath and looks around the room before locking eyes with me.

"Austin's back." he says and I can feel my eyes go wide at his words. It's only the 10th Austin wasn't suppose to come back to school until the 15th at the earliest. Why the fuck would JMA even allow an attempted rapist back into their school? I think about that for a moment before remembering that Austin Moore is the richest, most popular kid, besides me, in school. I have no doubt in my mind that Austin's dad "donated" thousands of dollars to the school so they'd let his disgrace of a son back into the school.

It doesn't matter that he's back. I'm not going to let him anywhere near my Troye. Most of the teachers (all the ones that had Austin) know what really happened. They surely aren't going to let Austin be around Troye unless Troye says he wants Austin around. Which obviously isn't the case seeing as the blood drained from face when Jonah told him Austin was back.

I realize it must have already been a few minutes since Troye told me what was going on. He looks worried and tears are starting to form in his eyes. I wrap my arms around him and kiss his forehead.

"Shh. It's okay. I'm not going to let him anywhere near you. He's not going to hurt you ever again. I love you, Troye." I have no doubt in my mind that I will never get tired of saying those words to him. Those words will always ring true no matter what happens to us. Troye is with out a doubt the love of my life.

"I love you too, Tilly." I don't think there is any other phrase in the whole world that compares to that. It makes my tummy turn every time he says it. I kiss his head again as I pull out my phone to text Connor. I need to go talk to Austin but I don't want to leave Troye alone. I know there is a lot of ways I could distract but I choose my favorite method.

I pull Troye closer to me as I grip his jaw in my hand. A blush creeps over his cheeks. He's looking down trying to fight off a smile. I wait a few seconds just staring at the beautiful smooth planes of his face. That cute birthmark on his cheek. His long eyelashes. Eventually his eyes flutter shut telling me that he what he wants.

I lean forward pressing my lips against his feather light. Troye's not having that though pulling me closer as deepens the kiss. Troye is very impatient immediately swiping his tongue across my bottom lip begging for entrance. I let him in not really feeling like teasing him today. I just want him to forget Austin. I want him to happy.

We continue kissing slowly until I hear the sharp tap of knuckles against the door followed by Connor's voice. "Troyler stop making out." I pull my lips away from Troye looking over my shoulder at Con as he walks in.

"I'm going to talk to Austin. I'll see in seventh period." Troye looks displeased that I'm going to talk to Austin with good reasoning though. He looks like he doesn't want me to leave. I peck him on the lips then grab my coat walking out of the room. I assume Austin's is in his room so I walk over to his building and up to his room after shrugging on my coat.