Chapter 22//Tyler

Tyler

________________

It's about an hour before the game and I find myself traveling towards the tree house. I just want to not feel anything at the moment. Too much is happening. I have too many feelings that I can't control. If I'm being truthful with myself I know that getting over Troye is probably the best option for me at the moment. I can't though. He's too special to me. He makes me fall for him a little harder each time he flashes me a little smile or flirts with me. When he touches me I melt and just can't stop the feeling.

I climb onto the deck of the tree house intending to something that I shouldn't be doing yet. I unlock the door with the key that I don't necessarily remember going to my room to get. I turn the knob opening the door before pull out the key. I walk into the tree house closing the door behind me. I flop onto the bean bags lying in the floor. I take a deep breath and smell Troye's cologne. He smells so damn good.

It's several minutes before I get up searching for a cup. I find one right where I remember them being last time I had control of the tree house. I pull out the bottle of strawberry wine then put my cup down. I put the wine back into the cooler and pull out a bud light lime. I feel like this would be Troye's favorite drink if he drank. I wonder if tonight will be his first time drinking. I don't want to corrupt his sweet innocence. I take a drink hating the taste but wanting nothing more than to forget.

I don't want to forget him. I just don't want to think about him right now. I don't want to think about him when he's going to be asked out tonight. When I know he'll say yes. When I know he's happy and I'm not a part of it. I take a longer drink.

By the time I leave the tree house the game has probably already started and I feel almost drunk. I'm not quite there yet but one glass of that wine and I'm sure I'll be there. Hopefully nothing too bad happens to me tonight. I stumble to the edge of the forest heading back to my room for a moment to change into warmer more school spirit oriented clothes. I walk to the football field slowly seeing that it is already 7:15 as I check my phone. I see a text from Troye telling me that he's sitting in the front center seats. I reply telling him I'll be there soon.

I walk to where Troye said he'd be. I see him looking around and my heart breaks at the sight of him. He's wearing Austin's jersey with a white long sleeved shirt underneath it. He has the words "45 is my #1" written across his face in our school colors. He looks so cute to the average person but to me I know what all of this means. It means things are getting serious with Troystin. Austin doesn't just let people wear his jersey. He never even let me wear his jersey. I feel confidence in me that I know is a result of my drinking. I don't care that this is, for the moment, hopeless.

"Hey, Troye." I say throwing an arm around him and I see a big smile spread across his face. He doesn't wrap his arm around me but he relaxes against me.

"Hey there, Tyler." Troye says as his eyes flick to the game that he obviously doesn't understand. He watches Austin running with the ball as the crowd roars. Austin makes it almost to the end zone before being tackled to the ground. I see Troye wince and I giggle a little.

"Austin's fine don't worry Troye boy." My speech sounds a bit slow and maybe a bit slurred. Troye looks at me and smiles big showing me his amazing teeth. Then he leans towards me. At first I think he's leaning in to kiss me or something. Don't judge me I'm under the influence and five ever thirsty. I soon realize that that it's his nose that is traveling towards my lips. He takes a deep breath and he pushes me away from him with an almost disgusted look on his face.

"Ew Tyler how much did you drink?" Ew? This is the first time that he has ever seemed even slightly disgusted with me. What if this makes him hate me? Troye doesn't deserve someone who has to numb there pain with alcohol. If I was with him I wouldn't need alcohol. He'd be my happy little pill.