Chapter 24//Troye

Troye

_________________________

I'm shocked that Tyler is finally willingly telling me about what went down between him and Austin. I mean I know that he told me that he'd tell me eventually but I honestly expected that Austin and I would have to break up before Tyler would tell me what happened. I mean its obviously effected both of them so profoundly. I feel like Tyler thinks this is going to change something between Austin and I. I highly doubt it will though. I think it would take something extremely serious for anyone to change my views and feelings for Austin.

I look at Tyler who is looking down at the blanket in his lap. He looks a little tense and I can tell that he is trying to get his thoughts together. He thinks for probably about ten minutes before he sighs and looks up at me. I can see the pain in his eyes. Something bad happened. I don't know whether it was Austin's fault or Tyler's but something bad defiantly went down that will not soon be forgotten. Tyler takes a deep breath and starts explaining things to me.

"You probably know that the people that I'm really into are the people that everyone doesn't know I'm having a thing with. Austin and I started dating really early into our freshman year. Austin was still in the closet when he first got here freshman year. It took two weeks for me to pull him out of the closet and another two for us to start dating officially. We had a pretty good relationship. No one knew about it so we didn't have that pressure that all the big power couples like Zalfie have." Tyler licks his lips slowly which is literally like the hottest thing in the whole fucking world. "I lost my virginity to him on March 17th in that stupid fucking cabin next to the lake. He was with out a doubt my first love. I thought that after we had sex that our relationship would get better than it was before, but I was so wrong. I think Austin felt like he didn't need to try as hard anymore. He started saying really problematic things that really really bugged me. He knew what he was doing too. He didn't even care and when I finally said something he told me that I was over reacting."

Tyler's hands clench into fists and I can see heart shredding pain playing in his eyes. He looks down at his lap taking deep breaths like he's trying to calm himself down. What the fuck is going on? I don't want Tyler to be this upset. He can tell me some other time if he's going to be this upset. I don't even need to know this.

"Tyler you don't have to finish telling me this." I say resting a hand on his shoulder. I feel his muscles relax under my touch and I take that as a sign that maybe he is okay. Then I look back into his eyes and I'm not to sure again.

"No I have to tell you. You need to know what he did to me." Tyler takes a deep breath and stares at the wall as he continues to talk. "One night we were sitting on that hill he took you up to. It was a Saturday and we were having a cute little date up there like we always did. The sun was just starting to set when he asked me about a rumor that he'd heard." Tyler is talking through his teeth, his knuckles are clenched so tight that the skin is white with strain.

"What rumor?" I ask softly prompting him to continue.

"Marcus told him that I have an eating disorder." I'm shocked at his words but I don't let it play on my face. The way he said that makes me 1000% sure that it wasn't just a rumor. "So Austin asked me if really did have an eating disorder and I told him the truth. I did. I still struggle with it sometimes but for the most part I'm fine. Austin told me that hethought I needed to lose a few pounds. I had just confessed to him that I had a serious eating disorder and he told me that. Then he went on to tell me that stuff like that was stupid and that people should just get over themselves. After he told me that he continued to say that this relationship wasn't going out work out because he was drunk all the time. He was drunk all the time. He was drunk that night. He started drinking for no reason around April. He stopped after we broke up and he tried to get me back but I wasn't going to take him back after what he said to me."