Chapter 9//Troye

Troye

_________________

"Blue." I reply almost laughing because this is the same thing he ask me this morning when I flipped out. He's here comforting me again. It makes me want to just let every wall down and just be his best friend. He's here for me and for some unfathomable reason he cares. I don't think he's just playing with me. His voice and the way he's looking at me have led me to believe that he legitimately cares about me. Troye. This is not good.

"Mines purple like my hair." he replies still playing with the fabric of my jumper. My head is rested against his collar bone. He smells really nice. Oh god that's creepy. Stop smelling him.

I lean away from him and I sit across from him with my legs crossed. He mimics my position and we continue talking about simple little things. It's weird thinking that these are things that Connor and I talked about last year when we were getting to know each other. It doesn't feel any different then that. It feels like I'm just getting to know him even though I've heard a thousand things about him. I guess Tyler is letting me get to know the real him.

It's a few hours before I ask him something that might still be a bit to personal. I mean we have been talking for awhile now, sharing crazy stories and what not, but this is still really personal. I shouldn't have asked him that now that I think about it. I mean we are just now barely becoming friends. I should have waited but I didn't.

"So how did your parents react to you coming out?" I ask Tyler and the crazy beautiful smile that had been on his face a few moments ago dropped to the fiery pits of hell. His whole body goes stiff and I can see the pain as I look into his eyes. "Tyler I'm sorry, forget I even said that. I shouldn't have asked that." His eyes look a million miles away probably remembering whatever happened when he came out. Obviously not the best memory. It's strange that he won't answer. Tyler's pretty much an open book, at least with me. The dinner bell rings and Tyler snap a out of his daze. We stand up and I do something a bit risky.

Tyler waits for me by the door and when I get to the door I wrap my arms around his shoulders. His body goes stiff for a moment before he relaxes into my hug wrapping his arms around me. His embrace is warm and comfortable. I hope I didn't fuck up for nothing.

"I'm sorry I brought back a bad memory. I didn't mean to." Tyler releases me so he can look me in the eyes. He doesn't look so spacey anymore his eyes aren't a million miles away. He seems to be back to the usual Tyler. Either he's a great actor or he's really good at repressing memories. We walk to the dining hall together slowly.

"Are you okay?" Tyler asks obviously referring to my injuries from earlier. Probably trying to get the attention away from him. Hmm that's probably a first for Tyler Oakley. I wince at the memory of Marcus standing over me letting every foul word you can think of roll off of his tongue. Tyler rubs my back and I relax under his touch. What the fuck are you doing? You are already trusting him more than you should. You shouldn't be relaxing under his touch. You should be flinching. Tyler hurts people.

He's seems so kind, though, and sweet and genuine. He looks at me like I'm special. He looks like he's genuinely interested when I speak to him and he acts like he would like nothing more than to keep talking to me. No one has ever acted that way around me. I mean Connor listens to me but he doesn't look at me like that. The way Tyler looks at me is something else.

"Don't worry, Tyler. I'll be fine." Tyler gives me an unconvinced look as we reach the ivory fountain. He shoves his hands into his pockets and we continue to walk toward the dining hall. Tyler is looking at his feet and one clump of his quiff is not in place.

"I don't care what you say, I'm talking to Marcus. I watch out for my roommates." He says and I can't help but think he wants to say something else. He looks likes he's debating whether he should say whatever is on his mind or not and the not telling me side of him must win because he stays quiet. We don't talk the rest of the way to the dining hall. The silence feels awkward to me. Tyler is fidgeting with his quiff and I pull his wrist to his side right before we enter the dining hall. God for being so confident and popular I sure do make him nervous.