Chapter 40//Troye

Troye

___________

My eyes open slowly and I'm momentarily confused when I feel arms wrapped around me and I see lilac hair handing in front of my face. Then everything floods my mind like a broken dam. I stiffen remembering the dream that had me bawling my eyes out. Tyler's arm tighten around me in a protective way as he sleeps.

It's Saturday February 14th. Valentine's Day. There's a dance tonight. We can go to town today and there is a dance after dinner tonight. I still need to get Tyler a gift. I mean I wrote a cheesy little song for him but I don't think that's good enough. I slip out of Tyler's arms seeing that he and Connor are still fast asleep. I put a pillow between Tyler's arms then I get dressed. I'm not waking one of them up to go with me. I doubt Marcus and his thugs are awake it's like 8.

I told Ms. Kale that I'd come to her class room in the morning to practice my song. I guess I kind of wrote it about Harry Styles not really Tyler but still...

I make it to Ms. Kale's room quickly after having a quick bite of breakfast. She's waiting at the piano singing softly to the a song I don't know. I knock on the door frame and her head lifts.

"Troye, darling!" she says excitedly pushing a strand of hair out of her face. I walk over the piano and she stands up so I can sit down. I play through the song singing the words I wrote and she's smiling the whole time. That's a good sign. I look up at her when I finish.

"That's cute. Tyler's a lucky guy. I honestly can't think of any better way you could sing that. Go have fun in town." Ms. Kale wraps an arm around Mr and we side hug. She is the best teacher in the world. I honestly don't think I would have wanted to come back for a second year here if she wasn't here. She helped me so much last year. I'm glad I came back. If I hadn't I would have become such good friends with Tilly.

I leave Ms. Kale's room walking slowly with a huge grin on my face that I don't think anyone could ruin. Of course I was wrong though. The smile dropped from my face when I saw the boy with almost buzzed hair, blue jeans and a blue flannel. The same one he let me wear that one time.

Austin sees me and starts walking toward me and I continue to walk like I didn't see him. I can here him following me so I don't acknowledge him until we are by the ivory fountain where there are witnesses. I look around at the people around us. None of them are watching us but I feel better

"What do you want, Austin?" I say crossing my arms and trying my hardest to look intimidating. I don't think I'm doing a good a job he has a smirk on his face that I wish I wasn't so familiar with. How did I not see how much of a douche bag he is? Why didn't I listen to everyone who told me that he was going to break my heart?

I know towards the end I was thinking of ending it anyway but that doesn't mean I didn't actually care about him. I know that he just wanted that stupid fucking tree house but that doesn't make it any better. I'm still hurt over the fact that he would try to do what he did. I thought he was better than that.

"Give me back my Tyler." he says after a few moments and my jaw drops. His Tyler? Is he fucking mental? Tyler hates Austin more than I hate Austin. Why does Austin even think he has the right to call Tyler his? Austin is so fucking stupid. Tyler is mine.

"First off," I start looking at him like he's absolutely insane. "Tyler is not yours. Tyler is mine. Secondly Tyler hates you more than I hate you. Even if Tyler and I broke up he would not go crawling to you. I can guarantee that. Austin don't be so stupid. I know you have at least a little common sense. Austin if you weren't such a pure fucking jerk you could have anyone you want. You know how to be sweet and the best boyfriend ever but it gets ruined when they figure out the real you."