Chapter 16//Troye

Troye

________________

I brush it off as my eyes scan the dinning room for Tyler. I see him and my heart drops to the fiery pits of hell. What I see shouldn't affect me like this. I mean he is Tyler Oakley and in did tell him I just want to be friends. I mean I guess I can't blame him for doing this. I just don't understand how he could do this so soon. I guess he doesn't care about me as much as he says he does. Or he does so much that he needs to be distracted right away to minimize pain.

Either way seeing him kissing another boy in the middle of the dining hall makes me feel like absolute shit. I find myself almost wishing that I were the boy he was kissing. Then I feel the pressure of Austin's hand on my back. We sit down and I look at Makayla, Ricky, Caspar and Jonah with a very unhappy look. Austin notices my mood and follows where my eyes keep flicking to. He grabs two burritos off the table wrapping them in napkins then he pulls me out of the dinning hall. He leads me to the cabin not saying one word to me as he leads me there. I sit down on the couch waiting for Austin to start talking to me as thoughts of Tyler kissing that filthy red head assault me.

"Troye look at me." Austin says kneeling in front of me. I look into his eyes and see so much concern that I almost forget about Tyler. Almost. "Tyler's just being stupid. He's trying to make you jealous because he wants you really bad. He's trying to forget about you for a minute. Trust me, Troye. He fucking cares about you a lot." Austin grabs my face in his hands so I have to look at him. How the fuck can anyone hate this precious human being? He's fighting for me but he's not bashing his competition. He's telling me what he knows. He wants it to be fair. Why would he do that for the person that obviously crushed him in some way? I don't fucking understand. Why do I have to have feelings for two people who have history with each other? How fucking dumb am I?

"If he cares so fucking much why is he doing this to me?" I ask and I can hear my voice crack. Don't you dare cry over Tyler in front of him. Don't fucking do it. Austin stands up then sits next to me and pulls me into his arms. I rest my head against his chest not wanting to look at him. I don't want him to have to see me upset over another guy. He doesn't deserve that.

"Tyler's motives aren't always the smartest." he says quietly still not out right saying that he's fucking up. I really want to know what went down between them but I feel like it's still to early in this relationship to ask him something that is obviously super personal. Austin obviously still has respect for Tyler for some reason.

I let myself relax into Austin's chest taking deep breaths so he doesn't have to see me crying over another guy. Austin strokes my hair occasionally planting kisses on my scalp. He cuddles me just trying to make me forget Tyler. It's probably about fifteen minutes before I pull away hearing Austin's stomach growl. I giggle and hand him his burrito grabbing my own. He takes a big bite and we both start laughing. He starts to choke on his food and I hit his back. He swallows then coughs.

"Please don't die. I really like your company." He smiles so wide I think his cheeks might split. He looks so absolutely happy. It's cute how a few words can mean so much to him. He takes another bite and I copy his action. Once we finish eating he holds his arms out to me.

"Troye Sivan." he whines until I snuggle back up to him and reply,

"Austin James." he smells nice and his arms are comforting. He's making me forget about Tyler being an ass hat. I mean Tyler makes out with everyone so I guess I should've expected this. I guess somewhere in the back of the mind I thought maybe I was the one that could stop Tyler from being that guy. I thought maybe I could be the one to make him stop being that dick head. I was fucking wrong. Well Austin said Tyler was doing it to make me jealous. It worked. Maybe he's just trying to hurt me.