Chapter Three

Last period finally rolled around and I've never been so happy to get to English. I've seen Ethan a couple times in the hall, but he didn't act like he saw me. He just kept his head straight or kept talking to his friends.

Like I had guessed he found the jock group the most pleasuring and joined them. It wasn't a shock to me, but I was hoping he wouldn't go to the dark side.

"Hey," Jeremy said as I took my seat next to his.

This was the only class we had together where his friends weren't in it. Jeremy would actually talk to me in this class which is why I loved it so much.

"How's your day been?" I asked.

"Pretty good. Got into an argument with these new guys over some stupid shit," he replied and then started rambling on about a new skate board he got, but I stopped listening once he said new guys.

Was he talking about Ethan and his brother? Did he get into an argument with them? What was it about? Why would he even talk to Ethan?

All these thoughts were running through my mind and then as if Jesus was having fun messing with me, in walked Ethan and I'm assuming his twin brother.

Ethan's eyes roamed around the room trying to find a place to sit and his eyes landed on me. I was expecting him to send me a small smile, but he didn't. He just turned his head and kept looking.

"Ugh them," Jeremy groaned while starring at the twins.

"What's wrong with them?" I questioned not able to take my eyes off Ethan as he made his way towards some of the football players and cheerleaders.

"For one all the girls are drooling over them, including you by the looks of it," Jeremy snapped and I turned towards him.

"Don't be jealous," I stated and he rolled his eyes.

"I'm not worried about guys like him Dakota." He said and I just shook my head.

I knew what he meant. Guys like the Dolans wouldn't go for girls like me. I've been told that my entire life. I remember once I had a crush on a celebrity and he had gotten a girlfriend. I was crushed and was talking to my mom about it. Her exact words were "guys like him don't go for girls like you honey. They want those Barbie doll types." I wasn't so hurt by her words then mainly because I didn't fully understand what she had meant.

"Don't let them bug you. They're just plain old jocks."

"Trust me, I know," he growled and went to throw away some paper.

Class went on and when it was halfway done we got time to work on a PowerPoint that was due in a week.

"Hey Dakota can you come over here for a second?" Mrs. Wall said motioning me towards her desk.

I slowly stood up and looked at Jeremy who wasn't even paying any attention to me.

"Yes?" I questioned once I was next to her.

"How's your project coming?"

That's all she wanted?

"Fine, why?"

"Well we got those two new boys and I was hoping you would let them join in on your PowerPoint." Her voice sounded hopeful and her voice sounded pleading.

"Why me?"

"Well, you're smart enough to help them out with what's actually supposed to be on the project and you're actually going to work with them and not flirt," she laughed. I chuckled along with her and slowly nodded my head.