Chapter Nineteen

Ethan and I sat next to each other in the booth. We told jokes and laughed till our stomachs hurt.

"These fries are amazing," Ethan giggled as he held one of the fresh fries between his fingers. He held the fry up to my mouth forcing me to try it.

"It's decent," I joked, the fry was delicious.

"I'll show you decent," Ethan whispered with a smile growing on his face. He leaned forwards and placed his lips gently on mine.

He was everything I ever wanted in a guy. He was sweet, nice, funny, and caring. Things can't get any better.

"Do you want desert?"

"How about some cheesecake for the road?" Ethan nodded his head and placed the order in.

The ride back to my house was loud and hysterical. Ethan and I sang off pitch again. Our hands stayed intertwined up until we got out of the car.

"Where the hell have you two been!?" Jarred growled as we walked into the house.

My brothers face was turning red as his chest huffed up and down. Grayson stood shortly behind Jarred with his arms crossed.

"We went to get food," I replied with confusion clear in my voice.

"So you didn't tell me you were leaving?" Jarred sassed with wide eyes.

"I didn't know I had to I'm," but before I could choke out sorry Ethan stepped in.

"It was my idea. I know how hard things have been on Dakota and I wanted to help her relax a bit, chill out man." Ethan's voice was smooth and calm as if he didn't care that we had just had so much fun goofing off.

"I'd just appreciate it if you guys would have told me. I thought something bad happened."

Maybe Jarred does care about me.

"Sorry bro, I'll remember to tell you next time," Ethan said placing his hand on Jarred's shoulder.

The perfect morning turned into a not so perfect evening. Ethan ignored me to spend time with Grayson and Jarred. I wasn't mad, but he acted like he didn't want anything to do with me.

Ethan wouldn't hold my hand, kiss me, hug me, or even talk to me. He acted like he didn't even know me.

I sat in my room trying to watch another classic zombie movie, but I found myself becoming bored. I didn't have Ethan next to me to jump whenever a zombie showed up, or have to explain what's happening every fifteen minutes. I didn't have anyone next to me, which was the most boring thing in the world.

A light knock erupted into my room and slowly the door opened. My heart prayed it was Ethan, but it wasn't.

"Need company?" Grayson asked as he walked in.

"I'm fine, unless you don't want to be with them down there." I said, which I followed up with a fake little laugh.

"Yeah all they're talking about is girls and saying who they think is hot or not. Right now they are discussing who they'd tap."

It felt like someone just stabbed me in the heart. I knew Ethan was too good to be true. I was hoping he wasn't as shallow as most jocks were, but he was. All he wanted was sex and head. The only thing he wanted me for was company.

Did you expect him to like you

"Sounds stupid," I mumbled and patted the spot next to me.

"I have a question," Grayson stated as he sat next to me. I turned my head to look at him signalling for him to go ahead. "You and Ethan were out earlier, but he never does stuff like that."