Chapter Twenty-Four

This is how I pictured James

All I could do was sit there frozen. How was I supposed to react to Grayson telling me this? Did he like me at some point?

You're delirious you could never get two hot guys you can't even get one.

My breathing grew uneven as I tried to process his words. Why would someone tell you this when you just confessed your feelings about their twin?

"Don't hurt yourself thinking about this. Ethan's a dumbass anyway, he'll realize he f*cked up soon enough," Grayson calmly spoke as he placed his hand over mine with a small smile.

"Gray, I'm lost."

"I just don't want you to think too much into this whole thing, forget what I said before, you don't need anymore stress."

Grayson's eyes glistened as the sun was beginning to set behind us. His smirk stayed on his lips and his hair blew back perfectly from the air conditioning.

How was I supposed to forget what he said? How was I supposed to forget Ethan?

"I can't just forget that Gray," I sighed while placing my hands on my forehead.

"Look, it really didn't mean anything, we're still friends and you still had a thing with my TWIN brother so forget it," he snapped softly and turned his head away from me.

"I'm sorry," I managed to choke out and make my way out of the truck.

"Shit, Dakota, wait!" Grayson called as I made my way up to my house hoping I got there before he could.

His pace was fast so by the time I reached my porch his hands were on my shoulders spinning me to face him.

"I'm sorry, you have nothing to be sorry for. I feel like a dick for snapping on you, but I really don't want you thinking into this more than you need to."

"Look you told me to forget it so I will, I promise. Just go home and cool off. I just really need to be alone now," my voice came out shaky as I turned from Grayson and opened my front door.

The inside was cool and alone. The only noise was the tv from Jarred not turning it off and the slight noise from the fridge. 

As the night moved on slowly I couldn't help but think of the twins. I was heartbroken because of Ethan and confused because of Grayson. I think the part that hurts the most is the fact that Ethan made me feel so special, but I really never was. He made me feel like I was finally wanted in this messed up world.

I made my way up to my room and changed into some shorts and a tank top. I threw my hair up into a messy bun and laid down on my bed. What was I supposed to do? I've never been hurt like this before. Was I supposed to cry? Was I supposed to just lay here emotionless? Do I blow up his phone?

I don't know why you're so upset, you knew this was going to happen Ethan could never like you he's way too good.

Images of Ethan ran through my mind and all the memories we had. I couldn't stop thinking about all the times he made me laugh and made me cry.

Why did I have to be so damn complicated. I should have just took the relationship as it was and not complained. I know I'm the one who ended it, but I regret it. Ethan took my mind off my depression, and I'd do anything to get rid of the depressing thoughts.

Once Jarred came home he didn't say much. He had Ethan with him, but they went straight to his room. Jarred didn't even glance at me and neither did Ethan.

"Maybe I did something wrong," I told Lola as we sat at our lunch table.

"I highly doubt it. From everything you've told me, he's the only one who did anything wrong," she expressed loudly, "I mean he's so stupid to let you go and now your own brother isn't talking to you? Messed up."

"I can't help but feel that way though. Everything was fine till I had to say something."

Ethan sat with his arm draped over Abby as she rested in his lap. His face held a stone cold expression as she giggled with the mix of their friends. He seemed angry and bored as he mindlessly listened to his friends talk of their wins on their game systems.

"Hey, is it ok if I sit here?" James asked as he approached the table slowly.

His eyes held a twinkle as his lips curled into a smirk. He waited patiently for me to give him a response as he nibbled on his black lip ring.

"I don't mind," I replied and motioned to the seat directly across from me.

"I'm Lola," my friend spoke from beside me sending James a kind smile and sipped her milk.

"James," he replied shortly as his eyes wondered back to me. "How's your day been?"

"Tiresome, very tiresome," I retorted with a sigh.

"Explain."

Butterflies fluttered all about in my stomach. The way he watched me as if I was the only person in the room. The way he talked to me making me feel like he genuinely cared about my day and my problems. He was a Prince Charming indeed.

You're imagining it

"Just unneeded drama with boys and my brother," I mumbled and shot a quick glance to Jarred.

"Want me to say something?" James asked while he placed his hands on the table pushing himself up.

"It's fine, if it gets to that I'll let you know."

His smile grew on his face as he plopped back down and started talking about his new skateboard.

Maybe James was the type of guy I really needed. I didn't need someone like Jeremy. No one needs someone that toxic and negative around them. As much as I hate to say it, I don't need someone like Ethan either. He was embarrassed of me and wouldn't be who he was around his 'friends'. Nobody deserves to feel like they aren't good enough for their boyfriend or girlfriend.

"What are you doing tonight?" James asked out of the blue, pulling me out of my daze.

"Homework and probably watching a zombie movie, Why?"

"Would you like to hang out after school? Like nothing formal. Maybe go to the skatepark for a bit and then go to get something to eat and then possibly, go watch that zombie movie?" His voice went a little high pitched as he threw his offer to me. His eyes looked hopeful and his smirk made him look like he was second guessing the question.

"I'd like that," I answered as the bell rang signaling fifth period.

"Sweet, ill meet you at your locker at the end of the day."

James made his way through the crowded doorway leaving Lola and I behind in the mess of people.

"How did you do it?"

"Do what?"

"Not only did you just break up with that loser Jeremy, but you just broke up with hottie Ethan Dolan and now you have a date with another hottie? I've never been able to do that," Lola gushed as we walked to my locker.

"Honestly I don't know. It's a little strange," I started. "Should I be worried about the skate park thing?"

"You're gonna have a hot guy in your room tonight and you're worried about the skate park, unbelievable."

"What it's not like anything will happen, I'm not much of a sexual person."

"Not yet you're not, maybe give him some head tonight," Lola whispered.

Shivers ran down my spine as her words flowed out to me. I'm not much of a sexual person due to my low self esteem. Did I want to have sex and give hand jobs and blow jobs? Yes I do, I want to be like normal teen girls, but like I said, I have a low self esteem which makes me fear the whole topic.

"Lola, I can't do that," I sighed as we reached my locker.

"Why not, it's clear he likes you and if you do that and he likes it, he's gonna be hooked. I'm not saying you have to, but I promise you Dakota, it's what's keeping Ethan with Abby."

A/N

Hey guys it's been a while and I'm sorry. So I've warned you guys about mature content in this story so be prepared for the next coming chapters.