Chapter Twenty-Five

Unedited

I felt as if this school day would never come to an end. Each lecture felt like it took hours. Each page I read took an eternity, and every passing period was five times the actual length.

As I sat in the last class my mind raced about the possible out comes of my date. I've really contemplated on if I wanted to go through with Lola's plan.

"Why are you all smiley?" Grayson asked as he sat next to me in our english class.

"Oh um, I got a date," I shyly spoke not knowing where we stood at the moment.

"With who?" He excitedly yelled out gaining the attention from those already in the room.

"James the new boy, he asked me at lunch."

"Congrats D, have fun and be safe," he replied still smiling.

Grayson and I talked about random things we had done and heard that day, but we both stopped talking as Ethan came in with a sour expression on his face.

"Are you serious?" Ethan seethed as he marched up to us.

"What bro?"

"She has a date, with that Jim guy."

"James, and so what if she does. She's single," Grayson defended me from his brother.

"I don't care what his name is, the point is she isn't going."

"Didn't you guys break up?"

"Oh great you told him about our 'relationship', if you could even call it that," he muttered the last part under his breath.

"Look Ethan I watch you and Abby suck each others faces off each day so I think it's none of your business what I do with my spare time," I chimed in as I grew more annoyed with the devilishly handsome boy in front of me.

"So you're doing this to get back at me?"

"Not everything she does is about you E, she actually likes this guy and he actually likes her. Let her be happy and butt out of her life huh," Grayson growled lowly. 

"Mr. Dolan please take your seat," the teacher sternly said after she finished taking attendance.

"He didn't used to be like that ya know," Grayson whispered.

"What?"

"He was chill. He didn't care what others did or what they thought. Yeah he was depressed, but he put others before him. He's changed and I don't like it."

"Everything happens for a reason," I responded.

English went by fast, only because I was hoping it never ended. Am I ready to go on this date? I mean Ethan and I just called it quits yesterday. But he is with Abby so...

"D, have fun tonight yeah. Hopefully this shows Ethan that being a d*ck to people really does push them away," Grayson said as we walked out of the classroom.

"Do you think it's too soon?"

"I mean a little, but you have to think, you guys weren't a real thing plus he got a new girl before you guys even broke up," he replied giving me a sad look with his eyes.

"I'm nervous."

"As you should be. You'll be fine, if anything bad happens call me and I'll kill the bastard."

"You'd be doing me a favor," Ethan grumbled as he shoved past his twin brother and continued his aggressive walk out of the school.

"He'll lighten up."