Chapter Six

The day went by slowly. Ethan didn't talk to me at all during third. He just sat there and watched me work on our poster.

During lunch Lola just kept questioning me on the twins and then she started questioning me about Jeremy. She thought she was close to some breakthrough, but she wasn't even close.

"Hey," Grayson said as he walked next to me to English.

"Umm hi," I muttered a bit confused.

"What don't want to talk to me?" He asked smiling.

"It's not that it's just," but I couldn't finish my sentence.

"Her boyfriend forbid her from talking to us. Don't take it personal G," Ethan said placing his hand on his brothers shoulder.

How did he know?

The three of us walked into the classroom and received strange looks. The fact two attractive jocks walked in with an outcast of the outcasts and the jocks weren't being mean was a sight.

"I thought I said not to talk to them," Jeremy whispered angrily as I sat next to him and the boys sat on the other side of me.

"I can't just ignore them," I pleaded and he shook his head.

"Yes you can. They are just going to build you up and tear you down," he said a bit louder and I sat back in my seat.

Was that true? Are they just going to try to be my friend then tear me down? It feels like Ethan already has. He won't talk to me unless he actually has to, he hardly looks at me.

I still haven't apologized about yesterday, I just haven't had the time to say it.

As class started we had the whole day to work on the PowerPoint. I began typing away as I went into depth about the poem I chose.

"I don't like him," Grayson said out of no where as he stared at Jeremy.

"You and like fifty other people," I sighed.

"He's an asshole."

"Grayson you don't even know him," I defended while looking at him.

"And you do?" Ethan popped. "The kid doesn't even talk to you like you're a f*cking person."

"Calm down E," Grayson said clearly shocked at his brothers outburst.

"At least he talks," I muttered and then went back to typing.

The class dragged on with Ethan glaring at Jeremy and Grayson making cringe worthy yet funny jokes.

"Text me tonight," Jeremy demanded and walked out of the room.

I walked out of the classroom and made my way to my locker. The hall was almost empty now. Kids going to different clubs were the only ones left lingering.

"Can we talk?"

Ethan

I opened my locker and grabbed my backpack. I placed everything I needed inside then closed it. Ethan's hair was a little messed up, his eyes looked hopeful, and his body language showed he was nervous.

"Yeah," I muttered.

"I'm sorry about yesterday I shouldn't have said for you to keep everything a secret. I didn't mean it the way it came out."

"I'm sorry for going off. I was upset to start with and then that was just thrown in my face."

"I meant it though. I wasn't lying when I told you how I felt," he said seriously.