Chapter Twenty-Seven

Once I got myself to calm down, we got back into the truck and continued the ride to the Dolan house. All the lights were off and there were no cars parked in the garage.

We walked into the nice warm house and Grayson lead us to the kitchen. He threw the keys into a dish that was placed in the middle of the counter and he opened the fridge. I sat on the bar stool waiting for him to break the silence.

"Since E isn't gonna be home you can sleep in his room."

"Ok," I shortly muttered.

"It will all work itself out I promise. I know he feels bad about the whole thing. If it helps, he was drinking and he got buzzed then they all started playing Seven Minutes in Heaven and since he was under the influence he wasn't thinking right," Grayson defended his brother as he poured two cups of apple juice.

"Gray, Ethan had the choice to put himself in that situation. Even though I hurt him earlier, I would have never stooped that low."

"He heard you at school D" Grayson confidently boomed.

"Excuse me?"

"When you were talking to your friend about sucking James off, he heard you guys. He got so upset because he knew it wasn't you and he didn't want you touching any other guy."

"Grayson I've never even touched him like that," I sighed.

"Your kisses were enough to hold him off. That's how I know he genuinely likes you. With Abby it's just pleasure he doesn't care about her or her life. With you, he listens, he laughs and cries. He doesn't try to have sex or oral. He just kisses you and he feels content. That's saying something."

My mind began racing. Should I call him? Should I run back to him?

No dummy let him think about what he's done

"Just go to sleep and we can have a major sit down tomorrow morning and talk about what you should do," Grayson calmed me as he sipped on the juice.

"Won't you just push for me to go back to him?"

"He may be my twin and best friend, but I'm not going to let him be with someone if he is going to hurt the other person. He'll thank me later."

Thoughts zoomed through my head. I thought of Ethan and the kisses we shared. How much passion each one held how much love. I thought of our long talks, those that made me laugh and cry. What if we never get those back? What if we just wasted everything? What if I never get to tell him I'm in love with him? What if I never get to have a relationship with him?

Damn

"Penny for your thoughts," Grayson chuckled as he watched me ponder and sip on my apple juice.

"What if he doesn't straighten up?"

"I'm going to talk to him. He's going to because he already wants to. He wants to throw it all away for you."

My worriers went out the door the longer Grayson and I talked about Ethan. He asked me questions and I him. We talked about their childhoods and their parents.

"Hey we need to hit the hay, it's really late," Grayson laughed as he looked at his phone. 

"Can you show me which ones Ethan's room?" I asked as we headed up the steps.

Ethan's room was neat, with a few dirty clothes scattered about. His walls were white and so was his bed sheets. There was a couple posters laid neatly out on the walls and his desk was covered in old homework papers.

My phone buzzed in my back pocket stopping me from snooping through Ethan's things.

Ethan😊: Hey I know you don't want to talk to me, but change into some more comfy clothes. Get into my dresser into the bottom drawer and wear my jersey. Sleep well beautiful, I'm changing myself for you 😘

My jaw dropped as I read over Ethan's text. He's going to change for me!

Oh please like he actually would

I followed his instructions and got into his bottom dresser drawer finding his jersey. I slid out of my jeans, T-shirt, and bra and slid on the jersey. The material smelt of him and it was surprising soft and very comfortable.

I crawled into Ethan's bed and cuddled into his pillow. Him smell engulfed me in a tight hug as thoughts of him flooded my mind. His smile, his eyes, his body, his voice, his lips. He's perfect.

That night I slept perfectly. I felt as if Ethan was cuddled up with me as his smell engulfed me in a never ending hug. My dreams were of his kisses and his laugh. His voice echoed through my ears even once I woke up to my phone vibrating next to me.

Ethan😊: Good morning Baby I hope you slept well. You're even more beautiful when you sleep. I got you flowers and I made you the perfect breakfast. Text me or call me today and we can meet up and talk. Have a great day beautiful 😘

My heart fluttered as I reread Ethan's text to me. Over on his desk laid beautifully red roses that made the air smell fresh.

I slowly stood from his bed and slid on my bra and my jeans from the night before, but leaving on Ethan's jersey. I made my way downstairs to the kitchen seeing Grayson already digging in to the breakfast buffet from Ethan.

"Good morning," Grayson chirped as he bit into some crispy bacon.

On the counter was plates filled with bacon, eggs, waffles, pancakes, toast, and muffins. There was pitchers of apple juice, orange juice, and milk.

"He really went all out," I giggled happily realizing how much Ethan is willing to change for me.

"He was here early and made sure everything was perfect. He even poured the orange juice through a sifter to make sure no pulp was in it," Grayson rolled his eyes as he sipped on his juice.

"It's sweet. It shows he cares about the little things."

I sat across from Grayson and dug into the amazing breakfast. The eggs were nice and fluffy and the waffles had the right amount of crunch. The juice was fresh and pulp free. The bacon was crisp and yet still had some fat on it to hold the flavour.

"Are you gonna meet up with him today?"

"I think so," I replied nodding.

"Don't forgive him too soon D.  He needs to know what he did wasn't okay and that he has a lot to prove to more than just you."

"It's hard not to Grayson. I don't like running back to him every time he tries to make it up. I don't care how much wrong he does, the point is, I love your brother with everything I have. Is he perfect? Not to you, but he is to me. Ethan is the best thing to happen to me and all the pain he's caused me here recently is because I'm in love with him and he just doesn't know it," I rambled.

It felt good to get everything off my chest. If only E was there to listen to everything I just said because I know I wouldn't be able to repeat what I just said.

"You love him?" Grayson's face was very shocked and he was smiling.

"I do," I smiled bitting my lip afterwards.