Chapter Fourteen

The walls were a boring beige and the lights were dimmed down. The bed I laid on was hard and cold. I could hear the rain hitting roughly against the window.

"She's up," someone whispered from beside me.

"How are you feeling sis?" Jarred asked shooting up from the chair that was placed beside the cold bed.

"I'm fine why?" I replied and sat up slowly.

Pain shot through my body as I moved. A small whimper left my lips and Jarred placed his hand gently on my back trying to help me.

Memories started to flood into my brain and I flinched from Jarred's touch. I know he didn't hurt me, he was probably the one who called 911, but the last touch I consciously felt was painful.

I could see Jeremy's angered face when I closed my eyes. The way his pupils were dilated and the way the white of his eye was red. He wasn't in the right state of mind. He must have been on some type of drug and couldn't control himself.

"Where's Jeremy?" I questioned and looked up at Jarred. His face held a puzzled expression and he shook his head.

"He's here in a room down the hall, then he's going to the police department and hopefully into a cell," he replied trying to stay calm.

"Why's he here?" I asked knowing I didn't put up a good enough of a fight to hurt him.

"For a... drug test."

The pause caught me off guard. He had to think about why he was here. Why would a drug test take so long? Couldn't they just do that at the police station?

"D, are you okay?" Jarred asked as he sat down on the bed.

Was I okay?

You're not okay. You're dying on the inside, you're ex just beat you to a pulp, you'd rather be dead than alive

"I'm fine," I muttered looking my brother in the eye.

How was I supposed to tell him I'm falling apart?

"Hey," a deep soft voice said from the door.

My attention shot to him. Ethan. His face looked sad and tired. His hair was a curly mess and his hand was wrapped up.

"You good?" Grayson asked, which I didn't even know he was in the room.

"I'm fine, I got like thirty stitches though."

"I told you not to," Jarred chuckled and moved to his friends and they went into the hallway.

Why did Jeremy do this? Why would he hurt me this way? Will I go home today?

The door opened and in walked Ethan. The other two walked down the hall way towards the elevator. He pulled the chair closer to my bed and sat there starring at me. His gaze was harsh and his eyes were filled with emotion.

"If you're not going to say anything then just leave," I muttered and turned my head so I wouldn't look at him.

"Dakota I'm," he started but I cut him off.

"Don't say something you don't mean. Don't tell me you're sorry when you don't care. Don't act like we're friends when we both know the only reason you talked to me was because I'm Dakota Star, Jarred Star's little sister," my words came out harsh, probably from the medicine they've gave me to keep my pain down.

"I thought Jeremy attacking you was because of me. I hate how he has hurt you, I'm your friend. Screw your brother I met you first," his eyes glassed over. "Please tell me those things on your arm are something else," he pleaded.

How could he see them? I have a long sleeved shirt on.

"I changed you," he said calmly as if it was nothing.

My heart raced and my head went fuzzy. He changed my clothes. He saw my ugly fat body. He's probably disgusted. He probably wants to throw up just sitting next to me.

"I had Grayson's phone in the pocket right before practice. I read the text and rushed to your house. Of course Grayson was a couple minutes behind me. I didn't want them to keep you here so before we left I grabbed a long shirt and told them you got cold easily."

Tears welled up in my eyes.

"Is it my fault?" He asked hoping I'd say no.

"It's everything," I mumbled and hid my face. Tears leaked down my cheeks as sobs left my damaged body. "Why me Ethan?" I cried.

Arms wrapped around my body tightly. His head was buried in my neck as he released gentle sobs as well. Ethan couldn't get closer, but I kept pulling him against me.

He hates you

He's disgusted by you

You'll never have him the way you need him

"I'm so sorry," he whispered in my ear and squeezed me tightly. He was trying to bind all
My broken pieces together. "No one will ever hurt you again."

You're the one who's hurt me the most

I got released about twenty minutes after my cry fest with Ethan. I felt a little better emotionally.

My body hurt and my lip was split. Bruises formed all over my body, but I was next to Ethan which made me feel better. For some reason I believed what he said. I believe he's going to be there for me. He'll be what I need and want.

"Home," Ethan whispered in my ear as I rested against his shoulder.

"I'm hungry," I mumbled and gently got out of the car.

My legs wobbled as I walked. Good thing it's Friday.

"What do you want I'll go get it?" Jarred asked as he unlocked the door.

"I don't know. Pizza?" I asked and he nodded.

"Pizza king?"

I nodded my head and went to sit on the couch.  After Jarred left with Grayson. Ethan walked in sluggishly and went to the movies. 

"How about, Zombieland?"

"Sure," I replied and he put the movie in and pressed play.

He sat close to me on the couch and wrapped his arm around me. Butterflies flew around in my stomach.

I snuggled into Ethan and rested my head on his shoulder. Things felt right. Jeremy never wanted to do things like this. He was always stand offish even when we were alone.

"Dakota," Ethan said a couple minutes into the movie.

"Hmm," I asked with my eyes still on the screen.

"You're beautiful."

My attention went from the movie to Ethan. My heart sunk and swelled at the same time. My hands grew sweaty and clammy.  No ones ever said that to me before.

Our eyes were locked on each other's. Ethan grew closer and closer and his eyes slowly shut. His breath fanned across my face. Our lips brushed against each other.

They were soft and sweet. He tasted like my new favorite candy.

My first kiss, wow

Wow