Chapter Twenty-Eight

Grayson and I finished our breakfast and went over how my meeting with Ethan was going to go. We decided to play hard to get at first and then really let him have it.

"Are you sure you're ready to talk to him?" Grayson asked as he drove me to my house, since Ethan texted that he was on his way home.

"At the end of the day, I can't stay mad at him. Do I forgive him yes, will I forget it, no."

"I just don't want you to play yourself and get hurt," Gray sighed as he turned 

"Do you not trust Ethan?" I quizzed actually wanting to know.

Grayson stayed quite for a couple minutes. It was clear he was thinking of his answer and how he wanted to phrase his sentence. He bit into his lower lip as he rubbed his stubble with one of his hands.

"I love Ethan, he's my twin, I couldn't live without the kid," he began, "but I know he has issues. You're a good person and he is too, but he won't always see your worth," Grayson explained carefully.

"I know he isn't perfect and I know he's gonna mess up, I just have to be willing to work with him and trust him." I explained feeling confident in my answer.

"I just don't like seeing you hurt because he was being stupid. Whether he likes it or not, I feel protective over you, you're like my little sister."

A warm smile ghosted over my lips as I listened to Grayson. For the first time I truly felt like someone cared about me. He wanted to make sure I was being taken care of because he cared for me. It feels great.

I sat in my room cuddled up with my pillow watching another wonderful zombie movie. Thoughts of my life ran through my head as I watched the characters try to stay alive. I've dealt with so much, why wouldn't I deserve to be happy? I deal with my mom not liking me, my dad never being around along with her, my brother not owning he's my brother, my ex beating me, trying to kill my self multiple times, my 'boyfriend' having sex with another girl in my bed, dealing with people being embarrassed of me. It's my time to be happy.

Me: where do you want to meet???

Ethan😊: I can be at your place in fifteen

Me: okie dokie

My heart felt as if it was beating out of my chest as I patiently waited on Ethan's arrival. What was I going to do when he got here? Should I kiss him right off the bat?

Too desperate

Should I hug him?

Play hard to get

Should I scream and yell at him?

Don't chase him away!!!

My head spun as I sat on my bed thinking of possible outcomes. Was this going to be the start or the end? Was it going to make me smile a lot or cry a lot?

I was caught off guard as my bedroom door slowly opened and in he walked. His hair was styled perfectly with his small curls that randomly showed. His eyes looked glassy and his lips looked as if he had been biting them constantly the last few hours.

"I'm so sorry," he said as he sat beside me.

"Ethan I," he cut me off.

"Let me explain. I was angry you went with James. Is that an excuse, no it isn't, but I wasn't thinking right. I was so mad and so angry that I just didn't care. I'm sorry for making you feel like you're not enough for me, because you are. You're too good for me. You're amazing and beautiful and smart. You're the perfect person for me and if I screwed it up I'm sorry, but I'm not going to stop trying to make it up to you." Ethan's eyes glazed over as he spoke nervously. It seemed he went over the speech a thousand times in his head, and he had forgotten all his words.

"Ethan, I'm going to forgive you, but know I'm not going to forget what you've done. I'm not okay with it by any means, but I don't want a life without you next to me," I explained while placing a gentle hand on his shoulder.

"So it's official?" He asked sounding hopeful and happy.

All I could do was nod my head, and his lips were on mine. They blended together perfectly as if they were finally home. His lips tasted of strawberries, and I couldn't get enough. My hands moved to his messy hair and I found myself randomly tugging his curls.

Ethan placed his hand on my lower back and guided me to lay back. His other hand moved beside my head to hold his weight as we moved towards the middle of my mattress.

Was this about to happen? Am I ready for this? Do I really want to do this?

"Baby relax, I'm not gonna force you to do anything," Ethan calmed me as he noticed I was starting to panic on the inside.

"I don't want to sound rude or anything but I just don't know if I'm ready."

"In What world would that be considered rude? You're not ready and I'm one hundred percent okay with that. I wouldn't want to do anything if you weren't going to absolutely enjoy it. When it's time we'll both know. It will be special baby I promise."

His lips came back down on mine in a short, loving peck and he rolled over to the other side of me. His arms wrapped around me tightly and I rested my head on his chest.

The moment felt right. It felt comfortable and I felt safe. Ethan's arms was were I always wanted to be. He knew how to hold me, to make me feel happy.

"I missed this," he sighed into my hair and then pressed his lips to the top of my head.

"I did too," I mumbled and placed my hand next to my head on his chest.

A/N

Hey guys I know this chapter is short but I need your guys help. I very much appreciate your comments I love reading them, they really make me happy and excited to update. I need to know how you guys would feel if I included sexual activity in this. If you guys don't want that then I'll just do small fillers and skip the intercourse completely but let you know they've had it. I just need your guys opinions on if I should write them or just leave them out. Love youxxxx