Chapter Thirty-Two

The three of us sat silently in the truck. I hadn't told Ethan about my doubts of the party, but he knew. He could tell there was something wrong as we got closer and closer to the address.

"We don't need to go baby, it's not too late to go back."

"Unless you're giving me money for gas, then it's too late," Grayson grumbled next to me only to smirk shortly after.

"I'm fine I promise," I lied as we pulled up to the crowded house.

I could feel my heartbeat pick up as I watched all the people stagger around the house. I felt bad for them. They were throwing their lives away for a party.

Well you're throwing yours away for a boy so...

Grayson cut the engine and instantly hopped out of the truck. My eyes pulled from the drunk people and turned towards Ethan. Even though nothings happened, I regret coming here. I hate that I don't have enough faith in my relationship.

Slowly I crawled out of the truck and instantly wrapped my arms around my large frame almost as if to hide my existence. Ethan was quickly by my side as we made our way inside. The house smelt of weed and alcohol.

We made our way through the house coming to a room with a large 'U' shaped couch and people littered about. Ethan removed his arm from my waist and he walked up to a tall boy with long blonde hair. They embraced each other in a quick bro hug and then started talking.

Awkwardly I followed Ethan, but kept my distance.

He doesn't want you here

Shut up

Why do you think he tried so hard to change your mind?

He didn't want to come

He told Grayson he did. He just doesn't want people to know about your pathetic relationship

You're right

My eyes wandered around the room trying to stop the embarrassment from over taking me. I caught glimpse of Grayson leaning against the counter in the kitchen. He had one hand tucked in his front pocket and the other held a beer bottle.

Don't

I walked over to Grayson and stood next to him as he carried on his conversation with his friends from school. He took his hand out of his pocket and without looking threw his arm over my shoulder in a sign of comfort.

You chose the wrong twin

Do you ever shut up?

Grayson tilted his head to look down at me. His face held a worried expression. He couldn't figure out why I was with him and not Ethan.

"Are you ok?" He whispered in my ear.

I nodded slowly and rested my head on his shoulder. I didn't feel anything for Grayson. He was more of a best friend than anything else.

You're pathetic

Worthless

Stupid

Ugly

Fat

Neither of them would want anything to do with you if it wasn't for who your brother was

"Do you want to leave?" Grayson asked looking rather annoyed as his eyes flicked from me to behind me.

I turned around to see what had his attention and my stomach dropped. Ethan sat on the couch, a red cup in one hand, his arm on the back of the couch with Abby sitting next to him clearly flirting. His smile was large and it seemed he was flirting back.

I told you

Grayson pulled me from the kitchen and out of the house. We made our way to the truck and jumped in.

"I'm gonna kick his ass."

"There's no point," I retorted.

"Yes there is. He might not have been touching her or anything, but he had no business being around her when he knows all she wants is sex. If he's committed to you then he shouldn't have left your side or even let you out of his sight."

"Grayson, I'm fine. I trust him."

No you don't

"I just don't like seeing you get hurt repeatedly by him. He's not as amazing as you think he is D," Grayson sighed and began to pull away from the house.

"Gray I feel myself with him. I don't know how to explain it. He makes me feel like he cares about me, it's more than a friend thing or a brother thing," a smile spread across my face just thinking about the way Ethan makes me feel.

"You still feel all this after him standing you up, treating you like you're nothing, having sex with Abby in your bed?"

"As strange as it sounds, yes. He makes me happy. Just knowing that he cares and he makes it up to me. I forgive him for it all, but I'm never gonna forget the pain," I explained while shaking my head.

"Fine," Grayson muttered and continued to drive down the road.

As we drove down the beaten path on our way back to the house, thoughts wondered, but to a positive place. Even though I wasn't 100% happy with Ethan, I felt content. I wasn't worried about if he was having sex or if he was making out with another girl, in this moment I felt like I could completely trust him.

"Can I ask you something?" Grayson asked breaking the silence.

"Shoot."

"Can you see yourself having a future with Ethan?"

His question caught me by surprise. In all honesty I usually try to avoid thinking of the future, I always thought I wouldn't make it to the now.

"I've not thought about it. I'd love to have him there, but I don't really know," I replied honestly.

A smile grew upon my lips as I imagined a life with Ethan. We'd get a nice little apartment together once I turned 18 and we would get some type of pet. Eventually we would decide to get a better house once we can afford it and then we'll talk of babies and watching our family grow. Our son would get involved in sports and he'd be all the young girls heartbreaks. Our daughter would be perfect and smart. She'd be the nicest girl in the world and all the boys would chase after her. We'd be the perfect family.

"I take it you're thinking about it?" Grayson laughed as he pulled into his driveway.

"Yeah, it was nice," I chuckled and made my way inside.

Ethan❤️: hey where did you go????

Me: back at your house. Didn't feel the best.

Ethan❤️: I'm calling a cab and I'll be there shortly. Abby's been all over me and I only want you 😘

Ethan❤️: and I want those lips again 💦