Chapter Sixteen

Days went by long and I felt lost. Ethan stopped coming over to the house all together. If Jarred wanted to see him he went to the Dolan house hold. Grayson tried getting him to come to the house, but he claimed he was sick. In school he completely ignored me and when some of his friends would pick on me he'd laugh.

I sat in English reading the pages to the book that never seemed to end. My eyes scanned the words, but I couldn't process them. All I could hear was Ethan's mindless flirting with Abby, a head cheerleader.

"Stop people will see," she giggled out trying to receive the attention she was lacking.

"Who cares?" Ethan chuckled.

Do you know how hard it is to see the guy you really like be snuggled up with another girl? How painful it is to watch him be happy because of someone who's not you.

"What's got you down?" Grayson asked as he tore his eyes from his book.

"Nothing," I mumbled and sent him a small smile.

"What's really going on with you and my brother?"

I was shocked. I never told anyone about liking Ethan or even our kiss. Ethan wouldn't tell anyone due to embarrassment. No one even knew we were 'close'.

"Nothing, We're not even friends," I replied acting dumb.

"I've grown to know you these past couple weeks. You've been more upset and quiet now since Ethan stopped coming over than you were when Jeremy dumped you."

I shook my head back and forth and chuckled.

"You're delusional. He means nothing to me, never has. I'm just trying to cope with everything with Jeremy still," I explained with lies rolling from my tongue.

"Whatever," Grayson sang while he packed up his stuff. "I've asked him the same thing, but he refuses to talk."

Of course he did. He was too embarrassed to admit he kissed me. He was too embarrassed to admit an ogre like me liked him.

"Are you coming over?" I asked once the bell rang.

"Probably not. I have a bunch of homework."

I hated when Grayson didn't come over. It meant Jarred would go to his house, and I'd be all alone. Mom and Dad came home two weeks ago for a day and a half then left again. I don't like being home by myself all the time.

My mind wanders when no one can distract me. I think of how much I screwed up with Ethan and Jeremy. I think of how terrible I am and how hideous people must think I am.

"Alright, well, see ya around," I mumbled and made a bee line for my locker.

Ethan leaned against the lockers across from mine with his lips pressed against Abby's. His lips fought against hers as his hands wrapped in her blonde locks.

I quickly slammed my locker and walked past them. I made my way to the car and jumped in hoping to leave as fast as possible.

"Good day?" Jarred asked.

"Stressful."

"You really need to have better days," my brother joked, but I only nodded knowing he wasn't lying.

When we reached home, Jarred dropped me off, gave me a key, and then drove off. He was going to the Dolan's for a while. I hated it. I didn't want my brother around Ethan. I was too much of an embarrassment, then why is my brother any different?

Because your brother is Jarred Star

I could never be as wanted as he was.

The house was cold and quiet. Not living thing here except me. I just wanted someone here. Depression works best when it's alone.

"Great," I muttered softly and went to the living room.

I started on some homework to distract myself and at some point, fell asleep.

Loud knocking echoed through my house. Quickly I jumped up, made sure my hair was decent, and opened the door.

There he stood. Swaying back and forth.

"Dakota," he slurred out.

"What?" I sassed.

"Can I, come in. I wanted to talk to you."

"No."

I stayed assertive as he wobbled and slurred on my porch.

Drunk mind is a true mind

"Please D," he pouted.

"Fine, come in Ethan."

Moving to the side I allowed him to stumble in my doorway. His shoulder brushed mine as he made his way to the living room.

The cast that was on his hand was now gone and I could see the damages that had happened.

"I'm sorry," he burped out as he fell on the couch.

"Why?"

"For doing what I did."

"Don't say anything you don't mean," I said crossing my arms.

"I can talk to you, no one else listens to me," he cried.

My heart softened tremendously. He was falling apart right here in front of me. Cried left his body. He was still drunk, but I could tell he was sobering up.

"Can we lay together?" He slurred looking up at me. 

You want nothing more

"Fine, but don't think it means I'm forgiving you," I barked and made my way upstairs.

I placed a random movie into my Xbox and crawled into my bed. The blankets were cold and clashed against my heated skin.

"Ethan, where were you tonight?" I asked as I laid in his arms.

"Jarred threw a party at my place tonight," he explained and pulled me closer to his chest. "I'm sorry for being such a jerk to you all the time."

"Don't apologize to me unless you're sober."

A/N

Sorry this ones short i have more ideas I just have to build up to them. Please comment and vote and overall just let me know what y'all think. Thanks