Chapter Thirty

•smut warning•

Fast feet patted up the stairs and stopped right outside my bedroom door. A harsh banging echoed through my room and Ethan quickly ran to my closet.

"Is he here?" Jarred bellowed as he walked in.

"Who?" I asked shocked by my brothers angry demeanor.

"Dolan? Rumor has it you guys are a thing now," my brother said almost as if he was disgusted.

"Why'd you say it like that?" I questioned showing my hurt.

"Because you're, you. He's him. You guys don't go together," he explained with a sour expression.

"Not all guys are as shallow as you are," I bit back trying to hide the fact I knew he was right.

"You're telling me that he actually cares about you? You're saying that he wants to drop Abby, fine ass Abby, for you? I love you you're my sister, but I'm trying to help you out."

I sat down on the corner of my bed and held my head down as I processed his words. Was he right?

Him and Jarred are friends so...

Maybe things with Ethan are too good to be true.

I've been saying this since you met the guy

"I'm not the best brother, but that doesn't mean that I want you to get hurt. I'd rather you see that James dude over Ethan."

A loud bang came from my closet and then a few muffled curses. Shortly after the door opened and Ethan walked out clearly mad.

"Really bro?" Ethan glared. "We're supposed to be friends and you do this sh*t to me?"

"You have to understand I'm helping you both."

"Yeah well I don't need your help. You've not even had a steady relationship so how could you possibly help us?" Ethan quizzed.

"Don't act like you have either Ethan. You sleep around and don't care about the consequences."

"I'm changing. I don't want that lifestyle. She makes me who I want to be."

"If you want to be involved with charity then go volunteer at the help shelters," my brother spat.

"That's all I am to you?" I finally spoke.

That's all you'll ever be

"I'm just charity? You don't even see me as an equal person do you?"

Tears slid down my cheek, but I didn't care. My heart raced quickly, but I didn't care.

"Are you kidding me right now?"

"No, you know what Jarred? I'm done. I'm done with you and mom. I'm done," I cried and began packing my clothes into a bag that would hold a couple days worth of clothes.

"Don't come crawling to me when he leaves you!"

"The sad part is, I'm not leaving so I can be with him, I'm leaving to get away from you."

I quickly made my way down stairs and slipped on my shoes, without socks, and Ethan was right behind me. We made our way to the truck and once inside he started it up and turned on the heat.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked as he drove down the long abandoned path that led to his house.

"He wouldn't say that if he didn't believe it," I sighed while shaking my head.

"Do you believe it?"

"Honestly, I don't know. I feel like there's something bound to happen because things never go good for too long."