Chapter Fourty-Three

The drive home couldn't have taken longer. I felt as if minutes were hours. Traffic was slow and it seemed I was stopped at every stop light. People took their time to cross the street even though the red hand sign was lit up.

"Come on," I growled anxiously as I waited on a car to drive past so I could pull into the parking lot.

He's probably not even home

Won't know till I go up there

He's most likely out with that Chuck guy and getting head from someone better than you

If he's gonna waste his chance on someone great like me then he's not worth it

You say that but you feel something different

Why can't you ever be on my side?

I'm your sub conscience I just speak your fears and thoughts

I quickly jumped out of the car and raced to my apartment. Who knows if he's even inside, but if he was that would mean the world to me. It would show he truly cared about me over his partying ways.

As I reached the door I noticed talking coming from inside. The voices seemed to be angry and yelling sternly at each other.

"Gray?" I silently whispered to myself.

I gently opened my front door and cracked it slightly.

"Why are you doing this to me?" Grayson fumed.

"What exactly am I doing to you?" Ethan barked back.

"You just waltzed in here and took her from me. You knew how I felt about her but you couldn't push aside the fact that your dick wanted her!"

"Grayson it's not like that and you know it! Her and I have been messing around for a while now so why is that you are now trying to make moves on her?"

"I didn't mean for it to happen. I didn't want to start liking her it just kinda happened," Grayson sighed. "Look I know she isn't gonna feel for me the way she does you, but don't break her. I've built her up more times than you can believe, I hate seeing her broken. It f*cks me up bro."

This is crazy

It's unbelievable

"Gray, you know I hate hurting her. I hate being a cause of pain but I can't help it, you know that," Ethan sighed out sounding defeated.

"Are you still taking your meds?"

"Yeah but they've been making things worse I need a re-evaluation to get a different prescription. I just don't want Dakota to find out and look at me differently."

Grayson stood there nodding his head. All traces of anger have slipped away.

"E she won't leave you because of this. It's not who she is. Dakota has a right to know what's going on especially if you guys are together," Grayson calmly spoke while placing a hand on his twins shoulder. 

"I know it's just that it's a private thing. Family is the only ones who know and even then it's select few."

"She loves you dude."

"I know," Ethan said softly with a small smile on his lips.

"Talk to her. Don't push her away. She means too much," Grayson said.

"She means too much to me or to you?" Ethan asked kinda rudely.

"Ethan, I know you're not gonna want to hear this, but yes I like her, but I respect that she likes you. She chose you E, get over it."

"I know bro, I'm sorry. I'll text Chuck and get him to get you a girl," Ethan chuckled with a smirk.

"I'll pass, those girls literally have coodies. I thought you stopped messing with Chuck?"

"I tried to man he just won't let me leave," Ethan shrugged.

Leave what

"I understand but if you want to keep your chances with Dakota good, you better find a way to leave and fast," Grayson said sternly poking his brothers chest.

"I know I know. I get some pretty sick deals myself though."

"That doesn't matter Ethan. She's more important in the long run."

The room grew quiet as if Ethan was contemplating what Grayson had just said. What am I more important than? And why is it taking Ethan so long to respond? What's wrong with Ethan?

I miss Grayson

Not now

I do though he gave good cuddles and cooked pretty good

Shut up. This isn't the time

Deciding to make myself known I walked in the door as if I hadn't been standing there for the long time I have.

"Gray?" I quizzed acting shocked.

"Oh I was just leaving D," he began

"No you can stay for a while if you want to," I spoke calmly.

Whether I wanted to admit it or not, I truly missed Grayson. He was comforting and lovable, but my heart belonged to Ethan.

"I don't want to impose."

"It's fine Gray," I smiled and went to my room to go change clothes.

I grabbed a pair of pajama shorts and a large hoodie that once belonged to my dad.

Ethan and Grayson sat on opposite sides of the couch. The room was extremely awkward. The tension was thick, and I couldn't tell why.

"What's going on?" I finally asked after sitting in between both boys for about six minutes.

"What?" Ethan barked.

"Why are both of you acting so weird right now?"

"Grayson I think you should leave," Ethan snapped as he stood to his feet.

"Excuse me?" I butted in clearly annoyed.

"We need to talk about this not us."

"E calm down," Grayson calmly spoke.

"No this is stupid!" Ethan growled, "oh you can stay Grayson hehehe" he mocked me. "Don't do that to me! Don't make me sit here and feel weird about you and MY twin brother!"

The room grew silent. He was jealous.

"Man don't do that to her. Don't make her choose between her best friend and her boyfriend cause one of us gets hurt and she does either way," Grayson explained.

"Look I'm tired of living in your shadow Gray. Just back off," Ethan growled in his brothers face.

"Get outta my face Ethan. I'm done messing around."

"Hit me then pretty boy. Show me what you got."

"Ethan," I finally spoke, "I think you should leave"