Chapter Thirty-Nine

*Graduation Day*

I stood in my apartment starring into my full length mirror. My hair was curled into waves and freshly cut, my makeup looked as if a professional beauty guru had done it, and my cap and gown laid behind me on my bed.

A light knock echoed through out my apartment causing me to jump out of my daze.

"It's open!" I yelled and walked into the living room.

My apartment was in the nicer side of town. Of course it's not the best, but it's affordable and I love it. When you walk in the door you have a view of the entire room. The only room that is completely separated is the bathroom. The bedroom is separated from the living room by a glass wall and the dinning room and kitchen flow straight into the living room.

"What have I told you about locking that damn door," Grayson growled as he walked into the apartment and sat on the couch.

"What's the point of locking it if you don't have a key and I'd have to go and open it all the time," I chimed while making my way into the kitchen.

"If you would just get me a key then you would be able to lock it," he laughed.

"Maybe in a couple weeks. Have you found an apartment yet?" I asked while pulling out some pizza we had last night.

"No, none have really jumped out at me. I like the flow of this apartment, but they don't have anymore available like this one," Grayson groaned while turning on the tv.

"Sorry," I laughed and sat next to him placing the pizza box on the table.

"Can I just move in with you already?"

"Hmmm let me think about it, no, I'm not dealing with all those questions. Jarred and Jessica already think me and you f*ck, that would add on to their suspicions."

"So, let them think that we do, I don't mind," Grayson smirked while winking at me.

"Shut up," I mumbled and rolled my eyes.

Grayson and I grew closer as I began bettering myself. Was I completely done with depression, no, nor will I ever be fully cured from it. I went to a councilor and she proscribed me medicine to help. Grayson has been my rock for the last couple months. He was there when I needed someone at 2am and he was the person who continued to support me to get to where I'm at now.

As for Ethan, I've not heard from him or seen him since we officially split up. Lola told me that Ethan was looking rough and had been turned into Abby's love puppy. Lola would give me the inside scoop on Ethan since Grayson would give me attitude every time I asked about his older brother.

"Hey girl!" Lola sang as she walked into the apartment.

Ever since I left school Lola and I became closer. We weren't as close as Grayson and I, but she was still up there. She's been seeing Jarred which helped create a sister and brother bond between us.

"Why aren't you dressed yet?" Lola quizzed as she took in my sweatpants and hoodie.

"I got tired after doing my hair and makeup. It takes time and effort to look this good," I laughed.

"You're beautiful either way," Grayson chirped while hitting into another slice of pizza.

"You're on drugs Dolan," I said and stood from the couch.

"Which dress are you wearing?" Lola asked.

"I don't know yet. Which ever one speaks to me I guess."