Chapter Forty

"Dakota Star," my principal said into the microphone.

I could hear the claps coming from my classmates and from my family members as I stood from my seat and made my way towards the stage. My heart raced, in a good way, while I kept my eyes locked on my principals outstretched hand.

"Congratulations Dakota," he said to me as he shook my hand.

"Thank you sir," I smiled kindly and took my diploma.

The rest of the ceremony went by quickly as I searched the crowed for one person. I couldn't see the front of the line and this year they started from the bottom of the alphabet.

"Ethan Dolan," they announced causing my breath to hitch in my throat.

There he was. He walked slowly towards the stage with his head held high and his shoulders broad. His hair was getting longer and bounced with his steps. His body looked more toned and his face held a permanent scowl.

I want to kiss him

Me too

Right before Ethan took his seat he looked towards the back scanning the crowd of students. His eyes landed on me and I couldn't break the contact. He sent me a soft smile, which I returned and then looked down blushing.

**
"Congratulations baby girl," my dad chirped while wrapping his arms around me tightly.

"Thanks dad," I chuckled and pulled away from his grip.

"What's our plan?" Grayson asked as he approached me.

"I don't know, I'm probably just going to go home and relax for a little. Maybe take a bath," I sighed while running my hand through my now knotted hair.

"You don't even want to go get any food?" Lola chimed in while grabbing onto my brothers arm.

"Not really no. I just need to relax and have some me time," I softly said as I looked around the room quickly.

"Alright well I'll drive you home and let you be," Grayson mumbled as if he was upset.

I said my goodbyes to my parents, Jarred, and Lola. Grayson didn't say much till we got into the car and even then it was shortly lived.

"Ok cut it, what's wrong with you?" I bugged as we approached my apartment.

"Nothings wrong D," he hissed.

"Clearly you're mad about something and I can't fix it unless you tell me what I did!"

"You were looking for him. The whole time you were looking for him."

My heart sunk. That's what this is about? The fact I looked for his brother during graduation. The fact I still care about him more than I care for myself.

"I don't see the problem," I muttered while rolling my eyes. 

"The problem is you have a great guy right next to you and you would rather have his shitty clone who doesn't treat you right," Grayson seethed.

My blood began to boil the longer I sat next to Grayson.

"Look I get that you like me Gray, and I'm flattered by it, but I can't help that I'm not over Ethan. He's the first person to truly understand me and actually be there for me. He's the person I gave my self to mentally and physically," I rambled.

"Wait you f*cked him? Are you kidding me!?" Grayson shouted as he pulled the car into it's normal parking space and killed the engine.

I quickly grabbed my keys from the ignition and made my way up to my apartment with Grayson hot on my trail.