(2) Why?

Abimbola Yunus POV

I place the pot of jollof rice off  the heated stove and move it to the section that is isn't heated then cover it up. I then open the cover of the fish stew and cover it again then pick up the pot and swirl it slowly so as to avoid the fishes crushing into the stew.

"ABIMBOLA".

I place he pot down then take out my earphones and place my phone with my earphone on the counter before rushing out of the kitchen.

"MA".

I call as I walk up the stairs then open the door to my mum and dad's room only to meet an angry looking mummy. I furrow my eyebrows confused then take off my shoes and walk inside.

"What were you doing that you couldn't hear me calling you for the past 10 minutes. Are you deaf?".

10 minutes? Wow the exaggeration is too much. At least go with 5 minutes, why travel all the way to 10.

"Emo binu ma, Mo ni awọn earphones ni bẹ Mo ko gbọ ti o pe mi",-(am sorry ma, I had earphones in so I didn't hear you calling me).

"Earphones? You had earphones in, inside? What kind of child are you. Why are you even listening to music inside when you know we can call at anytime?",she asks with a displeased look.

"Because I was cooking, I didn't know you were calling emo binu ma",I bend down a little as a sign of apologizing but she just hisses at me then sits down on her bed.

I wait for her to say anything else but she didn't so I clear my throat a little only to get hit in the face with her scarf.

I wince in pain as the scarf smacked me in my eye. I hold my eye and look at her shocked. I look at daddy who looks at her also shocked but doesn't say anything.

"ẽṣe ti o n wa oun fun? Ṣe o fẹ ki o lu mi fun ọ? Rẹ asiwere"- (why are you looking at him for? Do you want him to beat me for you? Your mad).

I just stare at the floor not saying anything else.

"Njẹ emi ko ba ọ sọrọ? Ṣe Mo ni ilẹ ti o yẹ pe o wa ni wiwo nigbati mo n sọrọ?",(Am I not talking to you? Am I the floor that your supposed to be looking at when am talking?).

She starts screaming and cursing at me and when I don't reply she pulls me down and slaps me and starts whipping me with a belt, the metal side. I couldn't do anything but cry. It hurt so much.

***

"ABIMBOLA".

I put my laptop onto my work desk and put on my scarf.

I smile when I see that my elder sisters are all here. Well am just glad Adunni is here.

"When did y'all get here?". I ask them with a smile on my face.

"Few minutes ago. How are you?",Atinuke asks.

"Allamdulilah am fine and you?".

"Allamdulilah". She smiles then they all look at me with knowing looks.

"What do y'all know that I don't?",I ask with my right eyebrow raised suspiciously then Atinuke chuckles.

"Your going to be an aunty. Both the twins are expecting",Adunni says with excitement evident in her tone.

"No way. At the same time?",I smile then squeal happily.

"That's what he said",the three of them say which made me laugh.

"So are you staying?".

"No am leaving in a bit. I have an appointment with Fawaz today",Atinuke says with a small smile so I turn to Ewatomi who also shales her head then turn to Adunni who shakes her head which made me sigh sadly.