(25) Trouble (part 1)

Rajveer

"Morning new parents",Sarah babhi teases me and Abimbola as we walk down the stairs each holding our sons. The whole living room is decorated with garlands, and blue and white balloons.

"Oh stop",Abimbola fake gasps dramatically making everyone laugh.

"Morning beta",mom kisses my forehead then my son then Abimbola and my other son.

"Do you guys have names chosen?",Amira asks us excitedly.

Everyone looks at us waiting for an answer.

Abimbola looks at me then them. "We was thinking if it's alright with you"she looks at mom and dad who nod waiting for her to continue.

"If my dad could name one of them and then uncle can name the other",she says.

"Ah you had to ask? Of course",dad says. I smile, she smiles and everyone starts smiling. Damn we some weird ass family.

"Guests should be arriving soon, your family will be here before everyone else, the kids want to spend time with the newborns",mom tells Abimbola who nods.

"How's your morning baby?",Sarah plays with the twins along with Aisha and Amira.

"Drink this juice",mom hands Abimbola a glass of orange juice and smiles. "Thank you",Abimbola smiles and takes it.

***

Dad walks in with Abimbola's dad and the rest of her family and her sister's husband's and kids. Her mother comes in with Eniola. She actually does look sick, I don't think Ewatomi was lying. I think she actually was sick.

I look at Abimbola who stands up when she sees them. Her eyes land on her mom then she glances down at me so I get up also.

" E kaaro (good morning)",she greets her dad then mom who nods tiredly.

"Ṣe o nrora dara? (Are you feeling okay?)", she asks her mom.

"Mo wa okay (am okay)",her mom replies.

"Nibo ni awọn ọmọ-ọmọ ọdọ mi wa? (Where are my grandkids?)", she asks Abimbola who smiles then turns to mom who walks to aunty.

They greet each other even though it seemed force on both side.

Aunty's face brightens when she sees my two sons together. She smiles and holds both their hands.

"wọn jẹ lẹwa, Ki Ọlọrun bukun wọn siwaju ati siwaju sii (they are beautiful, may God bless them more and more)",she smiles and kisses their head.

I smile at that then look at Abimbola who's also smiling.

The twins start making noises which made aunty smile even more. She takes brown eyed one- what? I don't know what to call them yet, they have no name yet. So imma call them by their eye color.

"Parent you adorable",she holds him close and he starts laughing. She chuckles then hands mom back, she takes the blue eyed one also and does the same. He just stares at her then once brown eyed one started laughing, he started laughing too.

"Aww that's so cute",Maryam and Aisha whisper.

"I was in the hospital that's why I couldn't make it",aunty says.

"Hospital? Why? Hope everything's okay?",mom asks, concern now filling her tone.

"Nothing too serious, am fine",aunty says.

"Mommy I want to hold",Eniola begs aunty who looks down at her.

"You can't, you might drop them",aunty says quickly.