Surprise Guest(31)

Rajveer

I walk out of the bathroom and into my room only to find Abimbola there rummaging through the closet.

"You need help?",I ask her.

She doesn't answer me, she just continues looking through it. I let out a sigh then start drying my hair with my towel.

"Babhi, mama asked if you have something to wear for today's party",Amira says as she walks into the room.

"Morning bhai",she smiles as she takes a seat on the bed.

"Morning",I walk over to the desk and pick up my watch.

"No, I don't have like anything at all. Most of my clothes are at home",Abimbola says with a frown.

"She said to come to her room",Amira stands up.

"Okay",Abimbola and her walk out of the room while talking to each other about whatever it is they're talking about.

I close the door to my room then walk down the hallway and towards the stairs when the bell rings.

Luqman bhai gets up from the living room couch and walks to the hallway to answer the door.

"Bhai, mom said to help with the sweets arrangement",Musa says holding a platter of jalebi in his hands.

I nod then walk towards the kitchen when Luqman bhai calls my name.

"Yes bhai?",I reply.

"Guess who's here?"he asks.

I place the second plaster of jalebi on the table then turn around towards the entrance of the living room as he walks in.

"Viren and Aditya?".

"No"he rolls his eyes then moves out of the way revealing HER. My childhood best friend. I can't believe its really her. We lost contact when I moved to Ireland and that was 11 years ago.

"Samara is that really you?".

"In the flesh baby",she let's out her usual giggly laugh then runs over to me.

I chuckle then catch her in my arms.

"I missed you so so much",she kisses my cheek and smiles.

"I can't believe its really you Samara where you been?".

"Back home? Finishing my education?"she replies with an attitude but it just made me laugh.

"Rajveer won't you introduce Samara to your wife?",mom asks giving me a stern look.

"Your married? Oh wow Rajveer is all grown up",Samara pinches my cheek which made me roll my eyes then turn to Abimbola who's holding a blue Shalwar Kameez (Pakistani women clothing) in her hands.

"Right um Samara this is Abimbola and Abimbola this is Samara. My long time best friend from childhood",I introduce and smile.

Abimbola looks past me towards Samara who's looking her up and down.

"Something wrong with your eyes?",Abimbola asks with an attitude.

Oh Lord. Really Abimbola?

Samara looks at her taken aback then looks at me.

I scratch my head and don't say anything.

"Am just trying to see where his taste comes from because you are definitely not his taste",she shoots back earning a disapproval look from both me and my parents.

Abimbola doesn't say anything and neither does anyone. I think I was supposed to jump in but I didn't. Now she's more angrier at me.

She turns around and walks up the stairs with no comeback.