(13) Upset

Abimbola

I walk to the living room reluctantly with my bag and folder. Raj looks up at me then at my folders then he looks at his mom who's playing with Saqib.

"Morning babhi",Amari smiles. I smile a little then look at aunty who looks at me smiling then her smile drops when she sees the folder and bag.

"You ready?",Raj says breaking the silence. "U- y-yea-"I stutter now suddenly feeling terrible for going against Aunty's wish.

"Your still going to continue working"aunt says calmly.

"Aunty I get what your saying but I can handle it. I-i can do what you need me as a daughter-in-law to do and what Raj wants while also working. Please I-i feel bad for going with you not wanting me to but this I've worked for it for so long. Please I'll balance everything out",I tell her.

She folds her arms and raises an eyebrow. "And how will you do that?",she asks. "I'll figure it out, I can probably even work from home too".
She hums then nods. "You can go then but if its not enough your quitting",she says. I suck in some air then nod.

She sits back down and places Saqib on her lap. "C-can I go?"I ask her just to make sure she's okay with it. "Yeah go but be early",she says. "Okay",I nod then fix my folder and look at Raj who picks up his keys and bag. We walk out of the house together and into his car. He looks at me and smiles. "Thank you"he whispers.
I ignore him and put on my seatbelt. 

"Are you upset with me?" He asks but I don't answer him, I just put on my earphone and turn towards the window.

"We here",he parks at my workplace parking spot then turns to me but I just take off my seatbelt.

"Hey babe stop",he holds my hand still then takes his belt off. "What did I do?"he asks. I look at him annoyed. "Its what you didn't do",I mumble. "What?". "You didn't even back me up. If I hadn't came up with that suggestion I would've lost my job and you told me after marriage I'd still be able to work. Now I have to once again work my butt off to be able to keep a job I worked hard for. Look do me a favor and don't talk to me. I don't want to see or talk to you",I snap as I feel the tears just forming. I snatch my hand off his then get out of the car slam the door and walk to the building.